1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Disappearing Knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by tmd_87, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I lost a blue Delica a few years ago..... still looking!! I went in vacation to the beach.....had it in my pocket.....did not want to take it and get sand in the action. Put it somewhere safe.....but not in the safe..... never saw it again.....

Rykjeklut likes this.
  2. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Back in ‘74 I had the chance for a trip to Europe. I left my new wristwatch here in the US for safekeeping. It was not found again for over ten years. When it was found, I put it away and have never seen it since.

I guess I’m in good company.

Bigfattyt likes this.
  3. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    sounds like a job for...
    [​IMG]

4. Seesteel

Seesteel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2018

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  5. mt666tm

mt666tm

Nov 20, 2012
    Happened with a Leatherman multi tool. It went missing for years, until one day I dumped out my Camel-pak and guess what fell out!?!

I was very happy... and I put it back in the same bag that kept it safe for so long, ready to go at a moments notice.

6. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    The crazy thing is this, we've sold the house where all of that happened. You would think we would have found the watch.

Bigfattyt likes this.
  7. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    tmd_87 I feel your pain. I recently went to grab my Buck 110 I had since 1984 to take on a camping trip and this was what I found [​IMG] If you have any sons try asking them :mad:.

TheFactor likes this.
  8. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Hope you find the Ladybug, Taylor. One of my key ring knives - Vic Classic in the pic below - has been MIA for a few months now. It will show up some day, but until then, yes I've managed to lose a knife that glows in the dark.

IMG_1785.jpg

tmd_87 likes this.
  9. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Hahah

10. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    I.
    Never.
    Lose.
    A.
    Thing.

And if I do, it's probably because You displaced it.

tmd_87 likes this.
  11. PWatkins

PWatkins Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2017
    I was looking for a screwdriver that got misplaced at work Monday and found my alox cadet I lost 3 months ago.:)
    Still missing my favorite screwdriver though :(

Night Rider and tmd_87 like this.
  12. number9

number9

Mar 5, 2017
    Many years ago, I was doing a little day hike on the AT with a friend. When we got back to the car, my buddy's Buck 112 wasn't in the sheath. We'd used it at lunch. Several months (years?) later, we had a chance to return to the log we'd sat on for lunch. Cleared the leaf litter under the log and there was the Buck. Not much worse for wear either.

SW-EDC and tmd_87 like this.
  13. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I am also currently missing a Spyderco. One of the first gen karambits, before they did the Karahawk.

What did I need it for? Nothing. When it was "found" I barely thought about it. Now that it's lost, I think of it much more frequently.

Good luck with the search, Taylor! :)

tmd_87 likes this.
  14. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    I looked for ages when I misplaced my Alox Cadet. Then my daughter informed me that I had given it to her so that she would have a suitable knife to use in the doctor's office where she works.

15. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Anything yet?

16. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    I lost an Al Mar autumn goose hunting in a corn field and found it turkey hunting the next spring. I was using the same blind for both.--KV

17. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Most anyone that owns more than one knife occasionally misplaces them. The Ladybug will turn up. Since you don't use it, what does it matter anyway? I misplace firearms.... for years sometimes..... figure that one out..... Does it bother me? Sometimes. But as long as I believe they weren't stolen, I'm okay with that.

SW-EDC likes this.
  18. CableGirl

CableGirl

Aug 19, 2018
    Oh that makes me uneasy. Our situations are most certainly different but I try to keep a close eye on firearms. I can see someone coming to visit and accidentally discovering one and either adopting it or going off the political deep end... I have a diverse group of acquaintances, some I don't particularly trust and the rest have no idea of my firearm interests (that hobby runs deeper than knives) People are weird nowadays, weirder than past. If they aren't who they seem, they have such polarizing extreme views it pays to keep to ones self and keep a close eye ones things. A knife or some other item is one thing for me but a firearm better be exactly where I put it and its location is etched in my brain through routine.

19. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Guns are for the most part where I put them. But if you don't shoot them, memory fades and they become "misplaced". It also depends on how many you're talking about.... 1 or 2, 10 or 20, 100 or 200.... makes a big difference. I don't worry about knives much really. I have more than I need and if one gets misplaced, I have another to take it's place. Very few people actually enter my home other than family.

CableGirl likes this.
  20. number9

number9

Mar 5, 2017
    I found my favorite flashlight. It took a few days, but worked like a charm. Now I have two.

Night Rider likes this.