1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Do You Own a ZDP189 Cutlery?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by -Kiku-, Oct 15, 2020.

1. KenHash

KenHash

Sep 11, 2014
    I have a Tojiro DP Nakiri bought in 2003. Wife uses it heavily and daily. I have sharpened it countless times and now with thinning behind te edge, it cuts better than when it was new. In 17 years of constant use had one very small chip which sharpened out easily.

I had sort of hoped that I could get a Aogami Super or Powder steel Nakiri, but only when this DP was gone. But the way it continues to perform I suspect I may never have a chance to replace it.

Yes. the necessary use warnings to keep users from doing ridiculous things with their knives then expecting the manufacturer to cover repairs/replacement.

-Kiku- likes this.
  2. -Kiku-

-Kiku-

Aug 13, 2020
    I bought Tojiro DP Nakiri based on lot of positive feedback from its users. I also bought Tanaquo 165mm Santoku (SRS15) and JCK Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan 180mm Nakiri (ZDP-189). The latter two are absolutely stunning in appearance with perfect geometry (or close to it). I am hoping these knives will last me a lifetime.