1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Document with the tales from "Links to jackknife's tales - With thanks to stockman242" ??

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Feb 14, 2018.

1. YES

100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    I did some little work for the traditional knife lovers, maybe it's ok, but I better ask before posting it.
    In some cases, I included some parts from the actual discussion. For example, in the story Pocket knives for X-country Motorcycle trip, i included some of the discussion in the actual thread, as it can be seen from the date permalink (ctrl click).
    After i made the document, I thought of including the dates, so here I went again, looking for the stories kind of one more time, easier with the browser history, to copy the dates in the document, and to include permalinks to the actual documents, as long as they work...

I wanted to rearrange the stories by their actual post date, but i decided to let the as they were arranged in the list of tales thread. Anyway, i can do that if needed.
    The editing date, if available, is included only if it's in a separate date than the actual tale date write.
    Also, If things work, and document is accepted, new stories can also be included and the document will be re uploaded by the one who puts the tale in it, containing the new or omitted tales. Maybe some want this kind of document, until a real book is available...
    Or maybe Carl can use it to publish his book, or edit it how he pleases. Moderators and Carl, (jackknife) should I upload/email this, to any of you, or just keep it for me?
    Once again, thanks to Carl for his great tales, and the taste in knives of the people around here.

Getahl and TrapperMike like this.
  2. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I think we need to look at it to understand what you are trying to do. I left a post on your profile page.

3. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I hope the inoperable/broken/busted links to the tales can be fixed.

TrapperMike likes this.
  4. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    they are fixed in the document

5. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    Email sent.

6. littleknife

littleknife

Nov 29, 2000
    I would love to see the document available on this forum.
    Of course, its up to jackknife & the moderators to approve.