1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Does an EDC Khuk exist?

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by simko, Dec 28, 2015.

1. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    I have a friend who's a sherif in tx and he says they measure tip to bolster, but they measure it in whatever way the distance is longer, not necessarily in a straight line.

So, if the blade is curved, they'll bend the measurement around the curve. :(

2. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    That sounds pretty brutally strict if you ask me. I have a feeling most TX LEOs could be talked into letting it fly, if for no other reason than it's such a wonderful knife :b

ChainWhip and BB, I ordered mine with Prime shipping, I think you can figure out where from. The trick I found was to read the comments and FAQs for a couple of them. I read that the knockoffs have a samurai on one side of the handle, so any mention of that and I moved on. Got one bigger one and 2 smaller ones. Like Shavru said, at this price, I'm just hoping they're real, but it ain't the end of the world if they're not.

3. ChainWhip

ChainWhip

Sep 10, 2014
    Thanks for the 411 Shavru & SG - am curious for your impressions once you get them

4. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    I should have the smaller ones tomorrow, so hopefully I can post some pix and first impressions on Sunday

5. mohd

mohd

Jun 3, 1999
    Hi Ndog, kindly have a look on my Kagas Katne:

[​IMG]

I use to EDC my Kagas Katne every now and then as a pocket knife. Since the tip of the scabbard is pointy so I normally place it upside down with the handle butt at the bottom part of my slack pocket.

[​IMG]

Anyhow Kagas Katne looks rather scary and threatening due to it's slightly Kerambit look shape.

mohd

6. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I hear ya mohd! Kagas Katne is one of my favorites for EDC because you you dont need belt loops or anything. I pull the chape from my sheath and put it in my pocket tip down with the edge up butt sticking out the corner of my pocket. When im driving I can put my seat belt on and the butt end sticks out my pocket and if you carry it edge up its shape follows the fold of your leg and you can still snatch it lightning fast even with your seat belt on. Cool Kags! Thanks for posting them. I have several of them and so does my wife. She loves them too.

7. ChainWhip

ChainWhip

Sep 10, 2014
    Got my first Khuk (Baby Foxy Folly) today:

[​IMG]

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this just might do for an EDC blade.

A big thanks goes out to Auntie YangDu, the good folks at HI, and all of you here on this sub for helping me along the way!

8. khukoo head

khukoo head Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2015
    That's a pretty one! Congrats on your first!

I must inform you that in all likelihood, simply touching that knife has infected you with the HIKV. There will be a second, and a third, and a fourth, and so on....
    It's really actually pretty not bad, except for your wallet.

9. ChainWhip

ChainWhip

Sep 10, 2014
    Well I need to get my first full sized Khuk so that's at least one more. I wouldn't mind a Farmcata and a Wajaski at some point too and well, you know how it is...

;)

10. Shavru

Shavru

Feb 20, 2014
    Nice start to your collection ChainWhip That does appear to be a really handy size for an everyday kind of blade. Might not have the chopping power of a full size but sure looks like it would be versatile to go with the fact it is drop dead gorgeous. Welcome to my addiction :D Farmcata, Waj, CAK, WWII, a full size Foxy? the choice of what will be blade number 2 is going to be a fun decision to make :)

11. ChainWhip

ChainWhip

Sep 10, 2014
    Got my heart set on one of those "X"-Chirras by Thamar but we will see what else pops up.

That's part of the fun though eh?

[emoji56]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  12. Max42

Max42

Jul 13, 2015