Does any one out there have any simmons hardware or keen kutter knives?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Simmonsknife74, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Dan my friend, never what I say would be a challenge, but rather "Hey .... we discussed this ....."

What you say too makes outright sense - so this is extremely good matey, so Thank you once again Dan!

Charlie- So So interesting, Tom must be such an amazing person to listen to when discussing knives!

Great stuff! I cant believe just how nice some of those previous pages of Jacks are!!! :eek:, Dan are you in cahoots with Charlie and Augie sharing that time machine?

knowtracks likes this.
  2. danno50

danno50 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Interesting information, Charlie.:thumbsup:
    Duncan, I always enjoy a good knife discussion. You are too kind with your comments, thanks. Nope, no time machine, could ask you the same question about some of the knives you have been posting lately, particularly those great Camillus made Sta Sharps! That etched KK harness jack is right up there as well. I have bought many of my Keen Kutters from 3 long time collectors on this forum and the other one. The OKCA show has also been very kind to me in terms of coughing up Keen Kutters.

knowtracks and Campbellclanman like this.
  3. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    I got this one in the mail on Friday. An old Keen Kutter cotton sampler, 4 1/4" closed length.

RIMG1998.JPG RIMG2000.JPG RIMG2002.JPG

Bloefield, JohnDF, knowtracks and 3 others like this.
  4. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    danno50 and knowtracks like this.
  5. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    Mailman just brought this one. A 0154, 3" long, hardly, if ever, used. Sellens say this model, with pearl handles, was in the Simmons catalogs 1927 through 1929. It has the Made in USA stamp, as opposed to the ST LOUIS MO.

RIMG2006.JPG RIMG2007.JPG RIMG2009.JPG RIMG2010.JPG

6. knowtracks

knowtracks Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Beautiful addition Danno! Only made for a couple of years and in pristine condition, my guess is it's a pretty scarce knife! Glad to see you acquired it. :thumbsup::cool:

Dave

waynorth likes this.
  7. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Beauty Dan:thumbsup::thumbsup: :eek: Very special knife in such pristine condition and I love the etch!

8. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    Charlie, thanks for the comment, and I believe you are speaking from personal experience regarding the time machine addiction.:D
    Thanks for the comments Dave and Rob.