Doug C (Castor) has passed away.

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by T. Erdelyi, Aug 2, 2016.

1. bt93

bt93

May 12, 2015
    Condolences to his family. Always hard to see good people go.

2. Rhesus Feces

Rhesus Feces bombastic simpleton

Jun 9, 2002
    ...an old friend and a wonderful person, RIP Doug, it was a pleasure to know you brother...:(

3. BA_Colt

BA_Colt Don't make me slap you the kielbasa. Platinum Member

Oct 15, 2008
    He was a good guy. Hope he has some fun collecting knives in heaven.

4. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    That sucks. :(

5. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    My condolences to the family, and farewell to a class act. Rest in peace my friend.

6. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Much sadness :(

My condolences to the family, he was one of the good guys and will be sorely missed. RIP Doug.

7. JTR357

JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
    A generally good guy through & through.The original "Happy Birthday thread" guy.He always made you smile with his posts,whether it be a gorgeous knife or a quick witted remark.

You will be sorely missed Doug C.

My deepest condolences to his family

8. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Sad news. Godspeed Doug. Your work here is done.

9. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    He never missed anyone's birthday, sometimes he'd start a half a dozen happy birthday threads or more in a day. Keep the sun at your back, your face in the wind and the long windin' road stretched out before you brother and enjoy the ride.

10. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Doug was the first person to welcome me here. He really made me feel like I belonged.
    Doug, you were the best of what is great in our community. You have left a hole that will never be filled.
    I'll miss you more than you could ever have known.

11. moshow9

moshow9 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Doug was a very good guy, and the first to welcome me to BF as he did to many others here. My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends. May Doug be at peaceful rest.

12. pertinux

pertinux

Feb 1, 2012

... Yeah.

[​IMG]

~ P.

13. KrisNZ

KrisNZ

Aug 28, 2012
    Rest easy DC. :D:thumbup:

14. RWS

RWS Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Rest in peace, DC. You will be missed.

15. Dopic1

Dopic1 Irredeemable wood purveyor Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Rest in peace my friend and enjoy the show up there. :thumbup:

My sincerest condolences to Doug's family and friends he will be missed by more than you can imagine. :)

16. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Like many here, he was one of the first to send me a friend request.

My heartfelt condolences to his family.

17. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    As was the case with many here, Doug was the first friend request I received. We have all lost a good one today :(

Rest in peace DC!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  18. cj65

cj65 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Yes, that is what I remember him as. That was pretty cool of him to do that. Condolences to the family. It is a greater sense of loss when one of the good guys die....
    God Speed Doug.

19. Castorrj1

Castorrj1

Aug 2, 2016
    Hey all--Doug's only nephew here. My name is Ryan. While I may or may not check back here in the next few days, I highly suspected I would find many praises in Doug's honor here in the forums. You're each right, my uncle was a class act with the most loving heart. Perhaps I'll write a short memoir for you all on his behalf someday, but know that your words have brought tears of joy to my eyes upon reading. In more ways than most of you probably know, you and BF were Doug's main connection to the world that the vast majority of us take for granted every day, so thank you from the bottom of hearts for loving him here in the forums. I will be printing your kind words out and sharing with Uncle Doug's mom (my grandmother) and the rest of the family. They deserve to know just how far his reach was felt. With gratitude and sorrow. -RC

20. AKC

AKC Really? Must I? OK...

Oct 10, 2010
    Oh noooo!

Rest in peace my friend...