DPx HEST Folder Blade Setting

Discussion in 'DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools' started by RYP, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vermilion

Vermilion

Apr 7, 2010
    Thanks, good to know.

2. fordfreak

fordfreak Registered User

Jan 12, 2011
    You know medic I was gonna be cool after reading your first post, but then you feel it was necessary to post two responses? lol You sir have some issues. I have ways of people doing their own measuring which would allow me to figure out how much material to remove. I've done plenty of mail order machining and I know what I'm doing. I don't need a medic giving me advice on something I do professionally.

Thanks

3. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked

Oct 16, 2010
    At the end of the day. I'm still VERY excited to get mine and carry it. Hopefully it comes soon. Still only have the electronic shipping notice. Fingers crossed

4. Brennanscott

Brennanscott

Jul 8, 2010

Evidently anyone who disagrees with you posts "useless drivel"

Look up "Therapy" in the phone book.

5. ikilledkenny

ikilledkenny

Jun 13, 2009
    thanks for the pick :thumbup:

The differences arent as big as i first thought. I just figured each knife would be uniform to the next
    (circles=slight difference)

[​IMG]
    (circles=slight difference)

6. JTC3495

JTC3495

Jan 3, 2008
    Mine is just hair different than both the posted knives also. It could just be a difference in the design layout when coated. I imagine most of the blades are pretty close to identical size wise.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  7. ikilledkenny

ikilledkenny

Jun 13, 2009
    they should ALL be the SAME length wise.

8. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Apr 26, 2007
    I'm out of mine if anyone is interested. Check the XC.

9. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    The blades are identical since they are all cut at the same time. The pattern can shift.

MR Clean we have plenty of people on a waiting list that want a Mr DP. PM me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  10. bombaclot

bombaclot

Oct 5, 2010
    This is the toughest folding knife that I've ever had, with the best warranty that I've ever heard of. So what if theres a gap. The man said he would fix or refund the money to whomever wasn't happy with this product, so if your not happy, cough it up. I would love to purchase a sterile one to go with my Mr.DP one. With the gap and any other blemishes it has. Forget about the aesthetics and think about the function. I've had other knives with this same gap and instead of worrying about how to fix it, I used it as a tool to cut fishing line, string, thread, etc. First it was a problem, then it was an exception, then it became an everyday function. I don't see how these complaints would cause the knife to malfunction. The only thing that it would get caught up on is your panties. It's not like its a gun that shoots backwards or something... it's a 1mm gap, I'm sure it won't kill you.

RYP,
    Let me know when a sterile one returns, I'll be happy to give it a nice home.

11. intron

intron

Dec 27, 2010
    That made my day! LOL

:)

12. sdg

sdg

Jun 14, 2010
    I use my current folder the same way but have to open it to do so.

Personally, I'd rather #20 just be sent to me and let me decide if it needs "fixing".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.