DPxgear.com update....

Discussion in 'DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools' started by Tripton, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DH1

DH1

Nov 8, 2006
    If you look closely, it's got a chisel tip. It took me a few views to catch that.

2. Paul RevEar

Paul RevEar

Nov 17, 2010
    Watch the slide show on the 'about us' page for a couple minutes. once the knives start to cycle you'll see a sneak peak at the Heft! Appears to have light Mr DPs on it.

http://dpgear.com/about.php

3. Buckeye67

Buckeye67

Sep 28, 2007
    I see that. That's pretty darn cool. :thumbup:

4. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    I just Pre-Ordered a Dpx HEAT..... :thumbup: .. ;)

[​IMG]

5. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    That dive knife looks pretty cool too.....:D

6. Tomso

Tomso

Mar 29, 2006
    Since the HEAT is out, i might as well post couple of renders my self. 3 inch blade from point to pivot and 2.3 inch edge, 6.14inch/ 15.6cm overall. I made extra sure it feels nice in hand and put a lot of attention to detail when working on the knife. I like it a lot...but then again, i'm biased:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  7. Belush2

Belush2

Jul 5, 2009
    Alright...that's what we want to see!!

LOOKS AWESOME!!

8. Hkk

Hkk

Jul 1, 2010
    Love the look of that heat Tomso any pics of the other side ?

9. Tomso

Tomso

Mar 29, 2006
    Thanks, mate.
    Here is one with g-10 and non coated blade (regular production)

[​IMG]

10. rankor

rankor

Oct 26, 2009
    Is there going to be an LE version? ;)

11. Tomso

Tomso

Mar 29, 2006
    Assuming its actually going to be made, then yes, probably...with carbon fiber scale, black anodized ti frame and pvd coating. At least that's what i heard:)

12. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    That would be fantastic! The black anodized Ti frame would be sweet.

13. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford

Aug 20, 2008
    Screen shots of the HEFT from the slideshow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. t-k-c

t-k-c

Mar 14, 2009
    The HEAT really trips my trigger!:thumbup:

15. Tomso

Tomso

Mar 29, 2006
    Glad you like it, mate.

16. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    Just to be clear......The HEAT is going into production. I just placed the order BUT we are not taking pre-orders, no one is ordering one. etc etc. When we see protos we will post them here. Tomso is terrified I will photograph the HEAT in my yeti hands and people will think its a miniature model :))

The HEAT is more of a gentleman's EDC the HEST is for us Neanderthals whose knuckles still drag on the ground.

17. sparkem

sparkem

Jan 27, 2009
  18. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    This is just a quick concept I designed to show the ESEE folks how to make a folder out of the Izula (the blade guard is missing). and retain the basic product attributes. The DPx HEAT program are smaller EDC knives (Hostile Environment At-hand Knives) designed for urban and lower profile applications. You will also see some cool tools in this range.

Just a note on concepts and protos. Its important that DPx Gear is actually tested and used in hostile environments so there is along production time before finalized products. For example the HEAT will have a special G10 and carbon fiber laminated scale and 3 D work. I haven't decided to go with a Sliepner (http://www.ramada.pt/acos/pdf/pdf/Sleipner.pdf) or a high end stainless. I will probably go with the Sliepner on the first run with a TiCN coating along with the anodized stone wash frame. Either way its a work in progress based on actual use in the field.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  19. Buck_110

Buck_110

Jan 15, 2006
    Which stainless steels are the contenders for the HEST II fixed-blade?

20. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    Good question. As you know the goal of the fixed blad is to be massively abused, field sharpened and indestructible. We are going to make them in various steels and destroy them. Please weigh in with your opinions, suggestions. The entire knife (except for the blade will be Titanium Boron coated so the focus is on durability, edge retention and ability to withstand massive shock (I use mine as a chisel on rock for example)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.