1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Dremal?

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Knife freaky, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Knife freaky

Knife freaky

Dec 1, 2016
    Hey guys! I'm looking to get started in knife making in the next year using the stock removal method and was wondering if a dremal would do the trick as far as cutting through the steel to get a profile? I wasn't really wanting to get bigger equipment but if that's what it takesÂ…

2. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Yes and no
    It will be possible, but will take a very long time and use up a lot of cut off blades.
    Get a cheap angle grinder or a drill press to drill holes around your profile and use a hecksaw to "connect the holes"

(a dremel will get in handy for all different kind of tasks)

3. Knife freaky

Knife freaky

Dec 1, 2016
    Thanks! That's what I needed to know!:thumbup: