1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Drop + Terzuola ATCF Tanto Folding Knife - Now Available

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Massdrop, Jul 23, 2019.

1. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    I personally don't love a tanto with this stock thickness and short bevel height if it's got a flat grind to it. One of the best things about a tanto is you can have a strong flat ground tip and a thinner hollow-ground belly by using a compound grind. I get that this is intended to be a tough folder, but I'd also love to see thinner stock than 4.4mm.

2. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    I've always found two straight edges easier to sharpen than one curved edge, but idk.

Lapedog likes this.
  3. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Never had any problems either, but I've seen people mention it.

marrenmiller likes this.
  4. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    I've no practical issue with tantos, I just prefer the looks of the one I posted above.

5. Rival1314

Rival1314 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2012
    they look great, but I cant justify another s35vn folding flipper....even one from Bob. Get some new steel options and maybe....

Oh, and Drop has to fix their shipping issues....it takes a crazy amount of time from when you get the "your order has shipped" e-mail to when the tracking number actually starts working. Then it takes the longest route possible to get where its going.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    marrenmiller likes this.
  6. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I love tantos, I usually carry one every day

7. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Why wouldn’t you want we crawlers to see the price?

I would assume it is the opposite. Someone would see the price on the knife is good and thus sign up to be able to get it.

I know I’m not signing up to websites just to be able to see a price.

8. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    To the tanto question, I don’t care for them. If it’s going to be a tanto, I greatly prefer a reverse tanto. You get a better edge with a similar tip.

No, don’t make that! Lol. I don’t need more knife temptation. ;)

Massdrop likes this.
  9. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010

I canceled my first order..... carried my compact terzuola today on a hike, and made a new order for a slate blue.

I would be all over a 3.75-4 terzuola collab

T.L.E. Sharp likes this.