Early 110s

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by 110 Dave, Apr 26, 2020.

1. 110 Dave

110 Dave Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    Howdy guys
    Old timers must be getting to me
    years ago I wrote down some things from what was posted back late 1990s and I did some research too and came up with much the same
    I recall there was some fuss when joe came up with a list and recall he said it was a general guide line on Dates and it was not like it was the word of god

some few others had noted as most likely dates of some early verson V1 - - folding hunters same as me
    This is about two the v1v1 andv1v2

V1V1 production stamp top edge buck nail nick side
    Dates from 1963 (Proto types 63) v1v1 started late 63 and continued production into early 65

V1V2 production etched
    started early 1965 contenued to late 66 or early 67

V2V1 two line starts late 67 or early 68 two line to export to Canada and that The V2 was made because the One peace spacer/spring of the V1 was breaking a lot.
    In short the dates are Not Fixed as App salute and set the stone but best guesses ....

also to ask if any one had heard the rumors that Buck made Knives for the military without the Buck but BRAND on the blade ( Chuck said no once when I asked) for use in Cambodia Loas and nam and the rumors i heard from some vets that it was that army operation sog buffed the etch off so as to be “sterilized” with no identifiable usa brand.

Comments from old timers welcome !!!

bucksway and jbmonkey like this.
  2. bertl

bertl Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Dave,
    I agree about the prototypes for 1963, but I haven't heard that production models were available before late '64. Can you clarify your information for '63?
    Bert

jbmonkey likes this.
  3. bertl

Feb 17, 2011
    Double Post

4. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    interesting topic Dave. not an old timer......too much yet....so got nothing to add, but looking to learn.

a question......

old ones were all stamped with logo right? not a real hard tasks but work nonetheless. why would being sanitized of usa origin matter or required? was everything made or changed that way to be unlabeled? thanks.

5. bertl

Feb 17, 2011
    jb, the 1st version 1st variation was stamped on the right; the 2nd versions on the left. The USA stamp wasn't added until 1967 when Buck began exporting to Canada.

Bert

jbmonkey likes this.
  6. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    good info. thank you Sir.

7. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    jb, if the Buck knives that Dave talked about were with US forces of any service or organization and were in Cambodia or Laos it would violate treaties or rules of engagement.

jbmonkey likes this.
  8. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    makes sense. thank you Sir.