1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Ebony Timeframe & Details

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by David Nowlin, Jan 19, 2019.

1. jec88

jec88

Mar 6, 2012
    Okay, good to know. I wasn't sure if they were the actual thing and ahead of everyone else or if they were meaning ebony dymondwood . I might order one from there if they don't start showing up at some of the usual local dealers. Thanks

2. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Has anyone found any Bladeforums dealers that have the ebony 110s in stock yet? None of the normal sites I check list them yet, only dymondwood still. I’m about to buckle and order straight from Buck.

3. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I think ordering from Buck would be the most assured way of getting the ebony you want...unless you can wait and be sure that an online dealer has and will ship you an ebony. Maybe a call to your favorite asking to have one picked out for you is possible. Preston

4. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I usually purchase a couple of 110’s at Walmart every year, but wait until the last year clears out which is 2018. Depending on how many tons of 110’s they have in the Warehouse will depend on when i get my stock ebony 110’s. I will still get a 112FG in ebony from Buck just waiting for the :eek:wife’s :eek:boycott to lift. :D

5. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Hey David.. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission!! :D
    John

sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  6. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Ha ha played that card many times. Think my deck is all used up. Though might have something up my sleeve.....

Wharn and jmh33 like this.
  7. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    I wonder if they'll start using ebony on their other lines like the Buck 55 soon...

8. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    I certainly hope so. Though i still like the artificial(looks real)brown grainy look my 110’s have always had.
    DN

9. Wharn

Feb 1, 2011
    3CE744E7-84FD-457A-B370-0CDFE8ADBBEB.jpeg

Just went to the local big box store to buy mouthwash and ended up leaving with this beautiful 110. I’ll take some better photos in daylight tomorrow.

10. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Nice score!

11. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    caught my eye..calling standard ebony 110 "avid level" now. maybe always did and I didnt take notice ?

12. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    AVID LEVEL?? I just thought they meant DAVID LEVEL! Just a misprint....
    Really what does AVID mean anyway?

jbmonkey likes this.
  13. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    David level......:eek::D:thumbsup:

sassafrassdogs3 likes this.
  14. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Looked up the definition of AVID. Kinda explains it as i have a keen interest in collecting buck knives. I show enthusiasm in collecting Buck knives. :):thumbsup::thumbsup::D

15. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
  16. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    jb, guess you didn't go lookn for the ebony this wknd.

17. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    didnt. was gonna but wife was on me about some chores...so did those.

sassafrassdogs3 likes this.
  18. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    So... I was at the locally owned sporting goods store about an hour ago to pick up some new hammock straps and thought I'd see if they had any new knives in. I'm sure glad I did!

[​IMG]

What a beauty!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This bad boy is definitely a keeper and my hope is that it becomes an heirloom to hand down. Excellent job Buck!

KarlG, jmh33, Old Hunter and 4 others like this.
  19. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    lol

jbmonkey likes this.
  20. Wharn

Feb 1, 2011
    777F8AFD-6CEF-418A-A6F8-F3A6C80885CC.jpeg

I am truly blown away with the quality of this 110. The ebony wood is beautiful. The lock up is solid. Even the leather sheath is nice. I’ve bought $100 even $200 folders not as nice as this and this was only $40. Excellent job, Buck!

Last edited: May 19, 2019