1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Ebony Timeframe & Details

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by David Nowlin, Jan 19, 2019.

1. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    jbmonkey likes this.
  2. jec88

jec88

Mar 6, 2012
    I was cleaning my Marlin model 97 / .22 that was made in 1906, my Remington 870 Wingmaster that was made in 1956, and my Glenfield model .30 that was made in 1969 and took out my new Ebony 110 with a 2018 date code and they all looked like they belonged together!

3. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    How are the current sheaths? Are they US made? Better than the Mexican made ones?

4. 357snubnose

357snubnose Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Just picked one up at the Academy in San Marcos, TX. Unbelievable deal for $40.

jbmonkey likes this.
  5. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    The quality of the sheath seems to be as good as they've always been. The sheath that came with my ebony 110 is made in Mexico... But I noticed that they switched back to the loop style belt strap (like on the USA made sheath), rather than the flat style that used to come on the sheaths made in Mexico.

From left to right:
    New Buck 110 ebony sheath (made in Mexico)
    Old Buck 110 sheath (made in Mexico)
    Buck 112 distressed sheath (made in USA)

[​IMG]

6. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Thank you Fixall for the answer and Great pictures! I hope the current ones hold their shape better than the older Mexican ones.

7. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    I think the leather sheaths have the knife riding too high above my belt and thats too high for me. I took some sheaths to a leather shop in town and had them re stitch the loop so the top of the sheaths ride slightly above the belt. Just my style i guess.
    Thing is no one can see the alteration.
    DN

8. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018