EDC Pistols: What's in your holsters?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Deinos, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    I remember reading that being a case with the old K-frame revolvers like the Model 19, because on some models the bottom of the forcing cone was much thinner than on the other sides, because of relief cuts for the cylinder rod.

But then metallurgy was different back then. I don't know about the subject today.

Edit: Ugh, now I've depressed myself. One revolver I wanted more than any other was the Classic Model 19, with 4" barrel and target style walnut grips. But because of the forcing cone issue I abandoned that desire.

1AbominAble1 likes this.
  2. TALON52

TALON52 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    I used to shoot 110gr 357s. It was my favorite rounds out of my Smith 686s. Light recoil, for a 357:)

4. WhitleyStu

WhitleyStu Keep'em scary sharp!!! Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 8, 2006
    S&W PC 637 in back pocket or PC 686 in an Andrews Monarch shoulder rig thanks to BossHoss and Sam Andrews. Using Federal 110 gr. FTX in both. 686 2.JPG

5. TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jkwithawave and benchwarmer380 like this.
  6. tiburon

tiburon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2003
    A S&W 640-1 is part of my kit when hiking. I carry it in a Galco Combat Master.

315 and jkwithawave like this.
  7. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    [​IMG]
    G20 - kind of pushing it for IWB but it inspires confidence none the less :)

Edit: Vedder litetuck holster

8. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    If you’re still chasing that model 19 let me know. I have a very nice blued 19-4 with a 4 inch barrel that I’d let go to a good home. It doesn’t get any use here, maybe fired 100 rounds through it in the last 20 years.

9. TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

jkwithawave, Horsewright and 4mer_FMF like this.
  10. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    Ed Brown?

11. TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    Yes, it's a Ed Brown Custom "Kobra Carry."

JBoone and jkwithawave like this.
  12. moldydogpoo

moldydogpoo Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2017
    I carry a glock 34 gen 5. Nothing special but working on the small upgrades as I can. Good size handgun but also feels good when you hold it.

dogboye and 4mer_FMF like this.
  13. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I have a Gen 3. Nice gun. Not one that I can EDC, but if you can, you can't really beat it.

14. moldydogpoo

moldydogpoo Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2017
    I felt the same way but since the world is sue happy and every round counts I want to make sure that if I am in the need of it that I have something I am 100% positive I can control and make my marksmanship worth it. Plus I use a half drop carry holster. I don't like in the waste band or pocket style. Lol. All user preferences

dogboye likes this.
  15. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I got mine cut for an RMR... just waiting to find another one on sale to put on it.
    I think I already shoot it better than any other pistol; but as I've gotten older, my eyes have made it harder and harder to get good accurate hits. Speed has fallen way off (I shoot IDPA). I never was GREAT, but I got pretty decent years ago. So now I'm working my way back up, but in the Carry Optics class.