EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Man, I’ve come back and looked at this pic a few times. Very cool shot

ErocSD, mb>, Mrgauth and 2 others like this.
  2. alliuse

alliuse Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2011
  3. TheTourist

TheTourist Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2019
    I sure love this little knife, the Cold Steel 'tuff-lite.'. It fits in my jeans perfectly, it came in the "very sharp" range, and I don't think you could snap the blade blank if you tried--and my no-brother-good-inlaw is the guy who would try!

As an old Harley rider I liked to carry the knives with a +/-three inch handle. These knives did not dig into your thigh on long trips.

I will post an equally bad picture as soon as I learn how to figure out your system of pictures. If any moderator is there to teach me, feel free.

4. uvalaw2005

uvalaw2005 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2017
    70Nf8yYc.jpg

5. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    It’s that kind of Thursday-

0CC63E61-4DC2-40DD-9EE2-3485CAD8CED5.jpeg

6. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Like much more over the towel

7. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Got these with me today:

[​IMG]

DB_Cruiser, khopesh, JOELSM and 24 others like this.
  8. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    20200116_093551.jpg
    Today's carry. After 3 days of looking I found my Hinderer pen. Been a few years since I seen it. But thanks to @Blues Bender and @Quiet and their posting super awesome pictures of sweet pens I had to put something better in my pocket. This pen is by no means even close to the beauties they carry but it's a jumping off point that I already had. Hope everyone has a most excellent day.

9. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    Oh, was there a pen? Sorry, didn't even notice what with all the CRK awesomeness going on. (shrug)

Fullflat, Edgeoflife, Dcdavis and 4 others like this.
  10. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thanks, man! There is so much shiny metal on that Black Jack that it can be tricky getting a decent angle on it.

Nice! You must tell me more about this pen, I think you posted it yesterday too. Is it a fountain?

I've got these two with me today.

[​IMG]

11. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    Yessir, it's the Lamy 2000, which is a design that's been around since the 1960s. Its gold nib is one of the smoothest I own, and I'd recommend it entirely. This pen is made of Makralon (which is essentially brushed fiberglass). I love it, it makes a great "throw in the bag" pen because this material doesn't scratch easily, or really much at all. I definitely need to start looking at GECs again, because I've been focusing on Schatt & Morgans for a bit. I've got a few GECs, but not many current (other than my BF knife!) and always love seeing pics of yours.

12. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    [​IMG]

DB_Cruiser, ferider, toto07 and 25 others like this.
  13. psquared

psquared

Aug 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

14. rpstrimple

rpstrimple Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2011
  15. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

16. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I have a few Lamy pens and enjoy the heck out of them. In fact, the cheap Lamy Safari is my most used and carried pen due to it being such a superb value. I might make that Lamy 2000 my next fountain, I'm due for a new one - it's been awhile.

Rumor has it that the folks who bought up most of Queen's equipment will be manufacturing under the S&M name in the not so distant future. Hopefully they turn out a quality knife and do the name proud. GEC is making larger runs these days but the demand is also quite a bit higher. Hopefully they continue to make good things, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves for this year.

17. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Fullflat and Dcdavis like this.
  18. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
  19. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Is that tail extension to shroud the button? My one complaint with the FW series is how easy it is to accidentally press the button. I even did the oring mod which IMO improved it drastically but I'd like some sort of shroud.

20. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Thick Thursday.

[​IMG]