EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
  2. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    @ErocSD
    She just arrived and I think I’m in Love !
    Definitely has the cool factor and man it’s nice :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019

Very impressive. That's a really nice blade sir. It looks like a good sized, well balanced blade. How is the action?

TheFactor likes this.
  4. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Fires out hard and fast and retracts like a dream. Perfect amount of pressure to release and retract and the thumb switch has just the right amount of traction and It’s thumb friendly.The handle feels so good in hand to:thumbsup:
    Now I need to stop playing with it lol.
    I’m afraid this won’t be my last one I really like it. The craftsmanship is amazing!
    It’s bigger then I thought :eek: Definitely won’t be pulling this one out at any family reunions lol :D

TenShun705, lzeplin and ErocSD like this.
  5. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    Ya I know what you mean, my wife is getting tired of me firing mine and she gives me the look. Great to hear, that's a beautiful blade sir, congrats.

6. pehota

pehota Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Jaydud, Kabancheck, filtrum and 28 others like this.
  7. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks my friend it’s exceeded my expectations for sure. It was so hard to pick one out since there’s so many to choose from and especially not being able to Handle one in person. I’m beyond happy with my choice and must admit I was very anxious and nervous hoping I made the right choice.
    It was such a relief finding out I did and made the unboxing that much sweeter :)

TenShun705 and ErocSD like this.
  8. vigourik

vigourik

Oct 29, 2011
    All I ever wanted all I ever needed is here in my arms!!!

Fullflat, Edgeoflife and pehota like this.
  9. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    [​IMG]

10. Humb baby

Humb baby Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2017
    A8A21E1F-DE33-4642-9496-C5BBC2F1CFDB.jpeg Playing around, contemplating left hand carry because my right hand pocket has a hole. I hit it with the strop first because I obviously should practice with the sharpest blade I can.
    Damn. Got me good. Regardless, I’m really loving this knife. So slim in the pocket, but a nice length. One of my favorite Spyderco knives.

loon#r, razorburn, ChazzyP and 16 others like this.
  11. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    IMG_20200213_061618_compress39.jpg

loon#r, razorburn, ChazzyP and 19 others like this.
  12. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    768E94C8-6CDD-4E0D-A053-B486CD94B7B7.jpeg

13. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

14. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Freedom for @Fullflat!!! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

More of the Bugout from @Rose and Thistle Custom. This knife is available for a joyride in the passaround section. Don't miss it!

razorburn, khopesh, JOELSM and 27 others like this.
  15. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Bryce, I can always count on you for carrying some nice blades.;)

16. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Freedom for @Fullflat!!! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Thanks Martin! Wish I could take credit for that one, it's really lovely.

ErocSD, TenShun705, myowngod and 2 others like this.
  17. Yimes

Yimes Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2018
    I posted this for sale the minute it came in because I thought it was too small. Thankfully it did not sell because today I am starting to appreciate it for what it is. And I am kind of liking it. Now someone please make some aftermarket scales and studs.

241FAF17-B917-4458-ADA2-F3AF477B347D.jpeg

18. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_4213.jpg

Nimanima, razorburn, filtrum and 21 others like this.
  19. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Keen.jpeg

jheis, razorburn, ChazzyP and 23 others like this.
  20. TheTourist

TheTourist

Jun 23, 2019
    I usually carry two knives--I try to find a left-handed folder for my left pocket because my wife is left-handed and always forgets her knife!

I would also like to point out something that might apply to lots of you. You can tell a guy's age by his collection. If you see a lot of defensive knives or hunting implements, he's a youngster. After all, who else freezes in a tree stand for fun?

My knife drawer is full of 9-inch knives, and I haven't touched them in years except to oil them. Laugh if you want to, but I'm still lugging around that little 2.25 inch Cold Steel knife replete with a red handle. The blade is surprisingly thick, a very durable alloy although the nomenclature is not imprinted on the ricasso.

If a stranger stops and asks me about my daily folder, I usually respond with, "Oh, I cut stuff. Lots of envelopes, hang-nails and a few times just food." These guys are disappointed if I don't mention 'defense.' Oy, vey, if I ever did that the police would confiscate one of my favorite knives and I wouldn't get it back for years--if ever!

BTW, I just bought a Spyderco folder, my first one in over 20 years, perhaps closer to 30 years. Kind of familiar, yet kind of odd. Like meeting your ex-wife!

upload_2020-2-13_8-28-23.jpeg