EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. RiderOnTheStorm

RiderOnTheStorm

Feb 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

2. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Southern Grind Bad Monkey

3. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    That’s without a doubt my favorite CRK !!

4. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Looking good Brother ! :thumbsup:

5. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    One of my workhorses.
    [​IMG]

6. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019
    2300B6E4-3D69-427E-B1EE-23E073BF453B.jpeg

7. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Well, it's not like I forced you into a bad choice, @Dcdavis , given what a great work knife the Inkosingo is. For me, the slight curve of the blade will actually function much like a straight blade for paring in carpentry tasks with the added advantage of a slight forward bite while still affording the usefulness of a blade with belly. There's also more than enough point for drag cutting along a line while the quick drop of the top edge with its generously tapered swedge is still sufficient for piercing.

There aren't a lot of modern folders with similar blade shapes, especially with the excellent cutting geometry of a CRK. I was just able to pick up a Hinderer Skinny Sheepsfoot on the Exchange yesterday and will be really interested to see how it compares. I like my RHKs a lot, but they're a different animal than CRKs for sure and not in the same ballpark as cutters, although the Skinny Slicer I acquired a couple months back is much more than a hard-use knife in that regard.

Back on topic, I'll go with another Insingo today, heading over to my buddy's house this afternoon to measure for LCC apron/window pan flashing for the back dormer as part of his re-roofing/re-modeling project.

[​IMG]

BTW, D, it's cool to see your knife on a well-used Klein bag. I've got a bunch of those in service for both work and knife stuff. They're really useful, versatile, and durable.

8. Steel_Addiction

Steel_Addiction Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    20200925_090213.jpg Had a little guy admiring the red linen micarta.

9. alliuse

alliuse Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2011
    17E1CA22-4BB2-4B09-BC87-343249A46BA2.jpeg

10. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Leaves are changing quickly in my area. 20200925_090442_copy_2656x1494_1.jpg

11. Kabancheck

Kabancheck

Aug 11, 2018
    Sebenza is are great folder, SAK is are all what I need in my urban environment, but there is always some pocket space for craziness of Spyderco :D
    [​IMG]

12. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    I’ve had the same curiosity about this pair as well ChazzyP. Will be interested to hear your impressions here.

In on page 2020! I missed 2000.
    This has been a year of getting way outside my wheelhouse. A brief list of my buying filter violations: no autos,
    no bearings, no flippers, no Chinese made (that was unintentional). Yep, I’ve broken all those self-imposed rules this year!

Now my whole fixed blade philosophy has been turned on its head with a Ban Tang kick of late. I typically think of fixed blades vs folders as larger, beefier, more capable. Ban has me going smaller, lighter, deadly and still very capable. I guess it all fits with my 2020 experience.

This little fruit knife is the first blade to challenge one of my all time favorites, the Evio Shiv, for left front pocket priority. I’m just really taken with these little blades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  13. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    ^wickedly gorgeous!! Ban is a maestro of metals, and that little fruit knife is more proof. Congrats @mb>! I need one of those ;)

14. taste.blade

taste.blade Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2016
  15. tatsu

tatsu

Oct 2, 1999
    [​IMG]

16. onionfan

onionfan

Nov 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

17. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt

Aug 6, 2020
  18. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Do you really want to be in on pg 2020? Lol.

So far this page is multiple times better than this year. Beauties of blades folks!

FE8AAEFC-D6FA-41E6-A7A2-6BC8890FAD07.jpeg

ETA:Jinxed myself...now I’m on pg 2020 too! Doh!

19. RoyalHolic

RoyalHolic Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2019
  20. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    I'm off for the next week!:D Oh...wait, I'm not done moving yet:confused::mad:;)

Screenshot_20200925-082954_Photos~2.jpg