1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. alliuse

alliuse Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Thanks man! Sorry to hear about your loss. Always hard to lose a pet.

Personally I always thought Siamese cats looked strange, but when my girlfriend brought Cooper home I thought he was a handsome fella. And once in a while his Sinatra eyes will come out. He is also the smartest cat that I have been around, but I think that is common with Siamese (you can tell because he gets into all kinds of things that he shouldn’t).

B3551935-90AC-437A-8FD1-CC9998720402.jpeg

2. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Me to I actually have one on preorder.
    But man I don’t like waiting lol .

3. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Wow that shot looks so much like my Buddy and what a good looking cat Cooper is. For sure those ice blue eyes are so beautiful.
    Yes Siamese are very smart! When I was in the garage one time when I use to smoke and he would like to come out there with me and get mad if I didn’t take him with me. I had a chair right by the door were I’d sit and smoke and I was home alone. The door knob starting shaking and I jumped up it scared the heck out of me lol. I opened the door and he was standing there looking at me. He learned from watching how to open the door. But I couldn’t figure out how he was doing it so one day he followed me to the door and instead of me opening it I stopped and waited. It was a town house so there were stairs going down leading to the door after a tight sharp left. Anyway I watched him and he would go to the second from the bottom stair on the corner and he reached up and hook his paws around the door knob and turn it back and fourth :eek:.
    Thanks for sharing pictures of your Siamese he looks so much like him and brings back good memories like the one above :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  4. Kmikaz3

Kmikaz3 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 28, 2019
  5. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Fox 479 and Off-Grid Knives Black Stallion today. :)

Dumb name aside, the Black Stallion is a surprisingly nice knife. I initially dismissed OGK because they always pop up alongside the clone brands on the "big river" site, but after seeing this model and doing some homework, I see that it's an American company whose knives are made by Bestech (like this one, I believe) and WE (their more expensive offerings).

My experience with budget Bestech knives is that their QC can be a bit spotty, but this Black Stallion (ugh :D) was perfect right out of the box.

For whatever reason, modern wharnies don't tend to stay in my collection for long. The two I've held onto are both pretty non-traditional, blade shape-wise: the Hogue Deka and the Artisan Proponent. Will this be the one that breaks my "wharnie curse"? Only time will tell. ;)

[​IMG]

6. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Today a sharp stabby Hinderer Bowie.

[​IMG]

7. PeaceInOurTime

PeaceInOurTime

Mar 20, 2019
    [​IMG]

8. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Isn’t M390 and it’s American counterparts supposed to be pretty corrosion resistant?

9. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Beautiful 45 degree day today. [​IMG]

10. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    A lot of practice...it's all in the wrist;)

11. Keyman

Keyman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 26, 2001
    [​IMG]

12. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    So I have heard. I don’t have any yet at this point to test out.

13. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Little BBQ on a rainy evening......

[​IMG]

14. rpdknife

rpdknife

Sep 17, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Carried a spyderco paramilitary2 52100 and a GEC 74 1095 and sharpened them both up with oil on a stone. Definitely more enjoyable than pulling out the diamond plates.

15. matfox

matfox Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 1, 2015
    I've seen bf members posting pictures, where they open cans with their CRK's.
    But you didn't cut this stone with yout Mnandie in pieces, didn't you?:eek:
    What's that nice looking wood used for your inlay?

16. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Haha, thanks! :D The wood is tamboti.
    [​IMG]

17. matfox

matfox Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 1, 2015
    :D
    Thank you! Haven't seen this wood so far, beautiful shades of brown.:thumbsup:

18. Zeroedin

Zeroedin Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2020
    Quick pic of today’s carry as I finish up some work for family in town and try to get home in time for the second half.
    [​IMG]

19. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    These two since Friday for light work. The tasks are moderate working at the plant.
    No need to post additional pics of knives that I’m not carrying and using. ;)

35ED294D-39BA-40A7-B78D-2B3F8BA4C4F3.jpeg

20. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Hope all are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. I’m just enjoying a new CD “Blast To the past “ that arrived and breaking in my new Sub and testing out some new interconnects.
    Also of course enjoying my soon to be Monday Carry .
    [​IMG]