EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Keyopp

Keyopp Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2013
  2. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Terrain 365 Mini Butterfly

[​IMG]

3. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  4. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Wow there it is! My favorite knife on the forum!

5. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Wharncliffe Wednesday. Christmas gifts for my 6 and 7 years old nephews.

They moved this summer, and as a result switched from private to public school. They are way, way ahead of their classmates. Emmett, 7 is into building (Legos etc, and can build on a pretty high level) asked me for something the two of us could work on together. Well, this should be nostalgia for many of you, I got him the ultimate erector set.

[​IMG]

Graham, who will be 7 in March, is more into art and stuff, but I wanted to get him something STEM too, but easier to work with, and easily fixable when the human tornado Dane (age 3) comes through.

[​IMG]

They enough Legos, transformers, star wars, and super hero toys.

6. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Darwin strikes again. Used this to trim off a few dry land Tahitian taro leaves, then went to close it. The blade shape and handle shape threw me off a bit, and I tried closing it backwards. After pushing hard for a couple seconds I realized it would not close, and the blade was buried to the bone on my second knuckle pointer finger.

After lots of blood and a few choice words I sealed up the cut and cleaned the blood off the blade.

Its shhhaaaaarrrrppppp!
    9CA212C6-B82A-44BB-A697-CDAA609C30A5.jpeg DF0EFF5A-D047-4B89-91E6-564A1A406B29.jpeg

7. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    That's ok. Everyone stabs or cuts themselves. I just stabbed myself with a screwdriver 20 minutes ago in my right thumb. I'm a mess. I'm on bed rest this week with two bruised ribs and a bunch of strained muscles in my left chest/shoulder and back. Didn't go into the doctor for 9 days. Immediate care doc freaked out, asking how I was able to drive. I've been through far worse. But the pain made it hard to focus at work, and was making it worse.

8. Yimes

Yimes Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Small but not lightweight today.

A71DF7BA-306A-4304-82B6-35D3952EDA9F.jpeg

9. Keyman

Keyman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes Sir, that was the Roxi. Named after the designers dog. We’ve got a 2.5” limit at the college (where I work). Love the four finger grip. It’s a great fiddle toy too.
    Just like today’s carry......

Black Void Opus
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. DaveReb

DaveReb Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 15, 2007
  11. onionfan

onionfan

Nov 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

12. guy g

guy g Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2000
    E50C9EDA-CF37-467E-86F2-0320F57F80C5.jpeg Today's group..

13. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Heal up friend. You’ve been through a lot, I admire your tenacity. Takes a lot of mental strength, of which I am positive you have lots of.

14. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Неllooooo there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    You always come to mind when I reach for this knife, Zep, and I always appreciate your compliments when I post it. We're both 710 fans, and I really like seeing that sweet black-bladed D2 you got from your Dad. I had one like it and ended up giving it to one of my sons along with a matching black-bladed 705, so we share that experience as well, though at different ends.

I've still got two 710/705 pairs--one of users and the other like new--and really like how they were literally made for each other. There's not a lotta 705's around, as they were supplanted by the 707 Sequel after a not long production run. I've been tempted to send one pair off to Keyman for matching holey scales, maybe in orange G10 (or something else) but I'm not sure whether to do the the users or the LN's. Maybe I need another pair for that.... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  16. Tree Herder V

Tree Herder V Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2007
    [​IMG]

17. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    These two for me today.

[​IMG]

18. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    Ha! Hell I didn’t even think of that. I figured Pvc glue would hold up

Man I was cutting, poking, prying, twisting and pulling thru some spray foam about two inches thick. I’m not 100 percent sure what happened other than it snapped. I may have wedged it in some wood in two places while twisting. I arced it a couple years back and it left a nice weld mark on it. It snapped right where that spot was. I’ve wondered if when it arced it weakened the metal. Beats me

I don’t see any real good reason to change
    Haha. Throw some rubber tape around that and roll on

19. Wasatch11253

Wasatch11253

Jan 31, 2020
    Bored, decided to bling out the manix with cf and titanium.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Billy The Hungry

Billy The Hungry Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 11, 2020
    Damn, sorry man! I know that knife is your baby. I'm curious if the metal was weakened, too.

Dcdavis likes this.