EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Wtf u mean All 9 lives in Russia?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Ive had my eye on the milled handle scout for some time although the CF strizh looks excellent also. Nice pair you have there!

How do you like the Kirby Lambert Drop Raine? Fantastic looking folder!

3. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    I went through a long phase of custom and very high-end production knives, spent quite a bit of money only to find out that I really just enjoy automatic knives; always have. I’ve now sold off nearly all of my old knives to just focus on my growing collection of Microtechs (with the occasional Protech or other auto).

Custom knives are very bland to me now, they don’t call to me like they use to. There was a bit of cachet or prestige in ownership with customs for me, that’s now gone though. There’s nothing wrong with production knives, and honestly, just because the knife is made by one guy, custom or whatever, doesn’t mean it’s necessarily better. I’ve honestly experienced and seen more F&F issues in custom knives than I have with production knives.

On the contrary, there’s nothing wrong with custom knives either. It can take a long time to find out which knives you truly enjoy, or some people just like variety! There’s no wrong or right way to enjoy this hobby!

...well, unless you’re collecting clones or M-Techs or some other flavor of garbage :poop::D

Oh, and to stay on topic, this just arrived so now I’ll be carrying this for the rest of the day.

[​IMG]

4. Billy The Hungry

Billy The Hungry Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 11, 2020
  5. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I like it! It's definitely a chonky boy, but I like that aesthetic. Fit and finish are incredible, as expected from Reate. The Fat Carbon is fascinating stuff, definitely grew on me the longer I spent with the knife. It's one of the nicest knives I own.

6. Steel_Addiction

Steel_Addiction Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Yowzas....25k is a little on the rich side for my taste haha...

If you have facebook join the gareth bull b/s/t page I dont do Facebook but got one just for the knife pages.

Sometimes you will see one go up for 2-1/2 to 2-7/8crks or 1-1/2to 2-1/8 shiros or 2-1/2 hinderers which isnt too bad.

7. jaypopsti

jaypopsti Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2009
    What microtech is that? Where did you score it? By the by your scarab II pics inspired me to pick one up.....thanks for that

8. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    8BD60656-370C-49FB-988C-69A7584ADA26.jpeg

Forgot how satisfying it is to complete a puzzle — even if it’s only 100 pcs and belongs to my 3 yr old :D:cool:

9. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Haha, no problem, the Scarab II is an awesome knife. The one pictured is a Combat Troodon Delta, all DLC blade/hardware with nickel boron coated internals (some BCGs have this coating for corrosion and smoothness). There are also ports on the bottom of the body and flutes on the blade like the Scarab has to expel dust and water. Over the top tactical, just how I like it :cool:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  10. jaypopsti

jaypopsti Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2009
    It looks badass well done!

11. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

The Protech is still reigning all the pocket time. Having a fresh edge makes it even better.

12. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
  13. loon#r

loon#r Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2008
    I’m digging the 960, “Marshall.” Too bad it’s not titanium and micarta.

44585EBF-CFB7-4330-A2C9-A3783EC04865.jpeg

14. toto07

toto07

Oct 9, 2009
    Why post other people's photos here?

The Aflac Duck and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  15. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    :eek: I like that, very nice! Which model WE?

turned out nice i dig it :thumbsup:

The Raine is a looker for sure and no doubt very well made judging from the one older model Reate i own, the Hills. Maybe its about time to try another one :).

Decided to switch up to something a little
    nicer after a half day at work and like the Lambert Raine its also a Drop collab. The Gavko Thresher, although this one is made by WE.
    16F3A0B7-C7DA-485D-876C-DA47FE3660D8.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  16. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    @Zeroedin

Just for you, man. Two Shamwari’s.
    The Damasteel is an original on pb washers and I added the MOP inlays.
    Second is the WE produced ShamWEri, with a revolver cylinder with one casing in it engraved on the pivot collar/overstop, and a smoking barrel on the clip. It is on bearings.
    DAF74D3A-36FB-4141-8909-EB071943225E.jpeg
    FBFB5D9C-84A7-4C5C-9A56-3E6D5F887B3B.jpeg
    Had a few others over the years from Gareth, all on bearings, but I’m a washers guy so off they went to new homes.

17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  18. jideta

jideta Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2020
  19. Mr.sig239

Mr.sig239 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Hi:
    No. This one is the 110 Lee Williams collaboration kickstop. I will have a Quantum by years end though.
    110kickstop.jpg

20. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Breaking down branches today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]