EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Can you please tell me the who, what, when & where on that bicycle chain thingy!!!

Retired UPS Driver and Aryan29 like this.
  2. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Some heavy duty Begleri (fidget) beads I cobbled together:)

3. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Thanks for the kind words, Edge. Your post reminds me of a String of Strizhness in this thread from back in July involving @TenShun705 at Post 36,462, @grybsh7 at 36,495, our lamentably still MIA @Fullflat at 36,506 whose friends understand how he feels but miss him regardless, myself at 36610, and back to TenShun at 36,618. The Small Strizh both carries smaller and cuts bigger than its size and is indeed an excellent knife.

You mentioned eyeing the Scout which falls right between the two I pictured earlier. It's essentially the Cheburkov equivalent to the justly celebrated Shiro F95 Turtle and is a helluva value at less than half the price. Here's a pic of the two from my Scout review of April 2018. Just know that they come both with and without interior milling and if weight is a factor, make sure you inquire of the seller which it is as many descriptions and weights are boilerplate.

[​IMG]

Back on topic and despite the mentions above, this became not Strizh, Scout, or Shiro but instead Starbenza Saturday, done in one of my favorite handle patterns--Wilson Combat Starburst. I tend to think of the 25 as a prototype Inkosi as the latter is really just a renamed and improved Sebenza 25. This one is the freest and smoothest out-of-the-box of my numerous CRKs and went right from being the seller's BNIB safe queen to a work user the day I got it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Easyrider

Easyrider Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2000
  5. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
  6. Zeroedin

Zeroedin Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2020
    Lol, thanks....those are gorgeous. Love the inlays, fantastic little detail that really sets the knife apart. Beautiful work!

This thread is a bit like an illicit drug. I get a little taste, find myself wanting more and more...then I’m up all night jonesing. Great stuff.

7. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Haven't posted in a bit, been sick. Also got a new phone, ben busy setting it up.

Been monkeying around with this guy the last few days.

[​IMG]

8. Hibou Canne

Hibou Canne Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2016
    you know what time it is! 4:20
    [​IMG]

9. timberweasel

timberweasel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I dig that Tactility, Les!

-Brett

10. Keyman

Keyman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, me too.
    M390 hollow grind, integral frame lock with ceramic bearings & detent.
    WE’s full 3D sculpting on this single billet of Ti is both excellent and extensive. It is shaped like it was made of clay, so it’s extremely comfortable in hand and in pocket. The surface texturing is outstanding.
    I Love it.
    It’s a WE Synergy2
    designed by Jim O’Young.
    Check it out

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  11. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
  12. Votommy

Votommy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2020
  13. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  14. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Right! I also like the kickstop. Haha. :D Got them confused, thank you for the clarification. Good luck with the Quantum search.

Retired UPS Driver likes this.
  15. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Looks like it would make a great knot head, as in mess with me and this will put a big ole knot on your head!!! Maybe it needs about 6-9 more links though!!!!!! Thanks for the info!!
    If you make another gimme a heads up please if you're inclined!!

James

16. Alpha556

Alpha556 Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2017
  17. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.

[​IMG]

18. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Thanks! Mcusta’s are really nice knives. This is my second one and I have had the other one since 2004. They come extremely sharp out of the box.

Retired UPS Driver and Lee D like this.
  19. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
  20. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    ZT 0350.