EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I concur. Currently 18 degrees and windy here.

2. Wasatch11253

Wasatch11253 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 31, 2020
    it only fits the man purse unfortunately. :eek:

3. JonesE

JonesE Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2015
  4. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Keep ‘em Sharp Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Day 6 :D
    15481C4F-75F8-4EED-882E-EEA35DC05C88.jpeg

5. ElementalBreakdown

ElementalBreakdown Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2020
    I still love this knife after 3+ months of carrying almost nothing else.
    My Para2 in S125V sits in the kitchen and gets as much or more use by the whole family. It's the only knife I don't cringe cutting coarse cardboard with and it's the knife the wife is most comfortable with. I haven't even had to sharpen it yet (just strop once a week) and still shaving sharp on a daily diet of paper, cardboard, and various plastics. Both great knives, that I would immediately replace if lost or stolen. 20210211_172532.jpg

6. JonesE

JonesE Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2015
    My ZT0308BLKTS arrived this afternoon. So I will be carrying this the rest of the day.
    [​IMG]

7. Kmikaz3

Kmikaz3 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 28, 2019
    [​IMG]

8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  9. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Nice photography, it really shows the grains! ;):)

Retired UPS Driver and Pt-Luso like this.
  10. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    As do I ! Currently 36 degrees with freezing rain turning into 4 to 5 inches of snow starting within the hour and temps dropping to the 20’s.Fortunately I’m on vacation so all I have to do is look out the window and think wow it looks cold out there :D

11. jideta

jideta Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2020
    sending out some warmth...

DSC_3402.jpg

12. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Thanks we all appreciate the sentiment, it makes me a little warmer with this 8 degree temperature with a 7-12 mph wind.

13. ElementalBreakdown

ElementalBreakdown Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2020
    ^^
    That ocean has me looking at my surf setups, love to catch and eat barracuda. Glad to hear that you appreciate where you are!

Retired UPS Driver likes this.
  14. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    I've been enjoying knives since I was about 7 (now in my 30's) and I still feel new to knives as well. What I like and enjoy has changed so much over time that I feel like us knife nuts will constantly try new things. Getting to the user and sharpening stage will send you down a different path as you find knives that are more comfortable or steels you enjoy sharpening more than others. And the cycle continues!

Enjoy the journey!

[​IMG]

Still carrying this duo (recycled picture)! Not sure how traditionals crept back into my carry but it's had me order 2 more to try out...

15. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    I’ve been googling the Medford Gentleman Jack. Thanks alot @Zeroedin :p

16. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Google is your friend and all the enablers here are your best friends :p:D

17. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    I’m good with both...it’s when I upset my wallet that bothers me. :p:eek::D

Seriously though, I like the looks of the MGJ more than the CRK Impinda. I feel like slapping myself just for saying that.o_O

If I pull the trigger, it better have amazing W&T and great fit, finish and tolerances.

I have zero experience with Medford...this is the first and only Medford I’ve been slightly interested in.

ktataragasi, guy g, Zeroedin and 3 others like this.
  18. Skar

Skar

Mar 24, 2020
  19. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    I think you will be ok with a Medford Slipjoint which is what I believe it is but someone please chime in if I’m wrong. As far as Medford frame locks which I’ve had many and they take very very long to break in and I guarantee your thumb will break first lol. They are built like tanks and will last many life times but take a horrible amount of time to break in with some experiencing horrible lock stick during that process “ frame locks” that is mainly because the lockbar is titanium
    Without any insert and doesn’t get along with most Blade steels but some prefer that over lockbar inserts and it is just a matter of taste.Unlike CRK which normally never have any lock stick or very little due to the fact I believe the lockbar face is treated at least that’s what I’ve been told by a few well respected dealers.
    Not sure about there customs and pretty sure those would be good to go right out of the box.Anyway everyone I’ve owned that was standard production exhibited all of the above sometimes even gritty action that did get better with time. I’ve never owned a Medford long enough to break it in as I always gave up and then took months for my thumb to heal after the attempt. I’ve never owned one of their slip joints but being they don’t have a lock bar they just might be the best slip joint ever made when it comes to being sturdy and fit and finish.
    The fit and finish is normally beautiful with exceptional grinds on the blades. This had just been my experience with the 7 or 8 I’ve owned over the years. Others mileage may vary and by no means do I mean to offend any Medford owners and their knives.
    This has just been mine full hearted honest experience with the ones I’ve owned.
    Does it stop me from buying them ? No it doesn’t usually takes a year or so and I will try another lol so that says something about there quality and feel in hand :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    Zeroedin and Retired UPS Driver like this.