1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Primitivepete

Primitivepete

Jan 3, 2015
    Does Boker make a tool to tighten that pivot? Got one kind of like it and needs tightening up a bit, but can’t figure out how.

Fullflat, thefrank and Edgeoflife like this.
  2. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Evening sunset with Rick
    [​IMG]

3. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012

4. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_4351.JPG
    After carrying a couple manix 2 LWs, currently in s110v, i finally decided to try the g10 version and to my surprise its considerably lighter than i was expecting at 4.2oz. I had checked them out on some dealer sites and always seen them listed at 5oz which had kept me from getting one (considering the size of the knife) but im glad i did. The LW is good but the G10 feels great and is what I prefer for a work knife. I Kinda already jumped the gun though and ordered up some CF scales at the same time so depending on how nice the cf is...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  5. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    The Ontario rat series in D2 are amazing values. I highly recommend picking up a rat 1 or rat 2 as they offer a lot of bang for the buck. Very affordable and a great budget folder.

Fullflat, TenShun705 and cabdmd like this.
  6. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_4337.jpg
    That pivot looks very similar to the Boker exskelibur 1 decade pivot which does come with a tool. I have one in route and will let you know if it works well or not. I have heard of people making one with a paperclip but no experience with that myself.

A glimpse of the tool in the baggie. Looks like it has 2 pins.

7. notwen

notwen Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2017
  8. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Will be carrying my Hogue Ritter tomorrow after adding this beautiful MXG DP clip tonight .
    [​IMG]

9. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I don't think Boker shipped the Cox Slim with a tool but they do have them for other knives. I recall someone saying he contacted Boker customer service and they shipped him a tool for free.

razorburn, Edgeoflife and Fullflat like this.
  10. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
  11. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    My older Enzo necker with stock kydex sheath. The sheath does it's job, but is nowhere near as good as the custom one's I have ordered. The knife is very good though. I have had in mind to order a black custom sheath also for this one, a folded piece of kydex that carries the knife slightly deeper, with better retension. It would have a knob or small hook at the mouth of the sheath to prevent it sliding deeper when carried iwb and would be attached to statick cord like this. Or I will try to tighten this one and add a small upside down hook to one of the holes. My favourite way to carry small fixed blades beside carrying in pocket.

[​IMG]

12. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
  13. pehota

pehota

Feb 9, 2015
  14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
  15. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    It's my favorite railroad spike again today. :D

[​IMG]

(Emerson CQC-7BW)

16. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Good Morning BF’ers!

My Tuesday carry...

1F19A204-0739-4662-80F3-AEACF97DF1E9.jpeg

17. dsd5150

dsd5150 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2007
  18. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Spent the weekend at the lake, trying to fish, swim, tube between the rain, ugh.

I managed to only take one knife with me, and it did everything I needed all weekend. Here is Friday evening getting the rods and reels ready at the cabin.

[​IMG]Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

19. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013