EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Yes sir. It’s a good kick around rifle. Low recoil, steady, not terribly heavy, great factory trigger. Series 2.

Agree. Plus reasonably priced, and no corrosion to slow feeding. Thanks for the kind words gentleman.

Fullflat likes this.
  2. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    The F&F on the gunhammer is outstanding.The milling on the scales does wonders and provides a nice firm confidence inspiring grip.The ceramic ball bearing cages make flipping and thumbstud openings extremely smooth regardless of how much lock bar dent tension there is, alot.As you can imagine,the knife is buttery smooth to open and lock up extremely tightly with a very audible thunk, like a bank vault.With absolutely no vertical or horizontal bank play.

Kizer really hit this out of the ballpark on all fronts - quality,materials,fit and finish,and extreme value.I have seen these available online for $120.I just wish they'd make one of Darrel Ralph's other folders like the mad max folders

3. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Today and forever.
    Okay that last part is probably a lie.

4. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
  5. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
  6. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Thanks for the great info! It’s awesome to see a well made production gunhammer. Congrats on a very nice buy!

7. Keyopp

Keyopp Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2013
    [​IMG]

8. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    One of the knives I'm carrying today. I found a couple of new deep carry clips in my spare parts so I decided to try one again.

IMG_4842.jpg IMG_4843.jpg

9. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
  10. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Shot my first crossbow for the first time couple days ago. Was thinking I'd be more accurate with it than compound bow but not the case. Actually think more accurate with compound, but maybe just gotta get more used to firing it. In pic was 1st attempts at 50 yrds. Not bad.
    [​IMG]

But, got bit by the butterfly, again. Was sitting in truck and reached in pocket to grab a lighter and the rukus was half way deployed! I only keep the safety off when keep pulling out to use. But I think people that say that they've never had an auto without safety, assisted opener, or flipper ,open in their pocket, are full of crap. And if they haven't they don't carry it much or move around much. Sooner or later, it will happen. This is why won't carry autos without safety in pocket anymore, or assisted openers. But, I'm just glad it didn't cut up the pocket.:D Old and nothing new, but Rukus is top notch.:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

11. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I get a new knife "occasionally":), but one of my CRKs always ends up back in my pocket eventually.
    [​IMG]

12. johnnytoxin

johnnytoxin Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2010
  13. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko

Oct 19, 2007
    Doing a little fig pruning today. Thats a Brisa Wharnecliffe in curly maple. The scabbard is Amboyna Burl with a little curly birch and ebony
    1949 second gen Woodsman is for anything that even resembles a snake...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    DB_Cruiser, Lapedog, toto07 and 22 others like this.
  14. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko

Oct 19, 2007
    Couple more fig pruners

This one is in Karelian Birch set with a little Lapiz Lazuli composite

[​IMG]

And this one in Moose Antler with a little Karelian bling. Both are 70mm Puronvarsi blades
    [​IMG]

15. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
  16. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Haven’t carried this in a while. BD1
    [​IMG]

17. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    I may have brought one too many knives to work today....

331C6B07-83AC-42BA-ADE4-BC712A0D02CD.jpeg

18. xraso

xraso

Feb 11, 2014
    Camping at the coast, left my OKC RAT5 back in the truck since I mostly use that to process firewood. My Lionsteel CF Bolus Clip Jack has been in my pocket since I got it weeks ago. initial sharpening to put a convex edge on it. Cardboard breakdown, food prep, whittling driftwood, zip-ties, etc and only stropped it twice. Still shaving sharp. :) totally happy with this knife!

[​IMG]

19. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Platinum Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Edgeoflife, Fullflat and TenShun705 like this.
  20. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Platinum Member

Mar 15, 2016
    [​IMG]