1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Workingsloth777

Workingsloth777 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2019
    That's pretty awesome, I've never seen anything like that before (the money micarta anyways). :)

Fullflat, TenShun705 and DCFree like this.
  2. kancler

kancler Moderator Moderator

Mar 21, 2005
    Carrying my Helper by G. Dedyukhin today. So far he is a great help!

[​IMG]

3. DCFree

DCFree Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2019
    Thanks @Workingsloth777! Here's the backstory on the money micarta and the bolsters, in case you're interested, which I thought were pretty innovative and drew me to the knife in the first place. Jason uses the same technique used to make rag micarta scales, but uses shredded dollar bills instead. Then, the money micarta scales are dovetailed to the bolsters which are made of a cross-sectioned wafer from a superconductor cable. The superconductor cable is made up of many highly conductive titanium-niobium alloy rods. Jason apparently cuts the bolsters out as a whole piece by taking the cross-sectioned wafer cut at an angle. I think he pulled it off well.

4. Workingsloth777

Mar 10, 2019
    I'd say he did, really nice piece there. I love it when I see knives that would make a good conversation starter with a knife person or a non-knife person and this looks like one of those.

Edgeoflife, Fullflat and DCFree like this.
  5. Workingsloth777

Mar 10, 2019
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Civivis are really the only budget blades I'll mess around with anymore. Really hard to beat for the money.

6. pehota

pehota

Feb 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

7. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
  8. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    First day in 3 years (since I started collecting) I don’t have a knife on me :(:eek:

1C08A04F-1935-4FE8-8D2A-F9C277531255.jpeg

9. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    [​IMG]

10. civtamayo

civtamayo

Feb 2, 2015
    Medium voltage cable termination training
    [​IMG]

11. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]
    TGIF!;)

12. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    The stuff I was carrying today (now in swim trunks), plus today's medication. (I have an intolerance to heat - it's 96 degrees - and I self medicate)
    [​IMG]
    Bark River Fox River LT, GEC Viper, lip balm in copper, Andar Scout - cork, Benchmade Anthem, retro 51 copper pen, Grand Mayan "ultra aged" tequila

**Truth be told, I'm far more tolerant of heat than I am of cold...it's just that, when I sweat, I itch; and hot weather gives me an excuse to drink tequila by the pool (as if an excuse is needed for such things)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  13. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
  14. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. tgtodd

tgtodd

Dec 19, 2015

Thumbs down???????

16. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
  17. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Cultrotech has been in my pocket 4 out of past 5 days. Great knife and I don’t miss Shiros or similar.
    [​IMG]

Sergeua, MolokaiRider, atony and 20 others like this.
  18. MeritedEdge

MeritedEdge

Jan 3, 2018
  19. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
  20. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Kept with Cheburkov today and carried my Scout. No fresh pics, but I may just stay with it again and I'll get some new tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sergeua, alliuse, TenShun705 and 14 others like this.