1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Posting a pic before my non-knife co-workers trickle into the office lol

056C37B6-B986-45D3-8962-2C0C161267E5.jpeg

2. toal299

toal299 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2017
  3. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_8387.JPG

4. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Eh? Dr. Flat, is it in a human possibilities range? Or, like T. L. E. Said: don’t believe everything they write,,
    But that is on bf, and now i dont believe what they pic, that's at the russian thread.

[​IMG]

Filoso, ChazzyP, NSBFL and 4 others like this.
  5. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
  6. vmmvmmm

vmmvmmm Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2015
  7. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    6BD801FA-EF26-4FED-8D75-DAC05E9D2DA8.jpeg

8. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Man I wish I could find a gen 6 black dlc spearpoint..... I'm hoping they drop another batch soon

Murphjd25 likes this.
  9. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Keeping it simple again today. :D

[​IMG]

10. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    GiantMouse ACE Clyde

[​IMG]

11. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    Three inch Thursday....

[​IMG]

12. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

13. NSBFL

NSBFL Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2013
  14. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Up here at our Vermont place we've got a fair number of birch trees just like that, Filtrum. The marsh edge of our lower acreage is in the last stage of forest succession to northern hardwoods and the birches lean toward the light, some falling over from their sheer weight and others simply dying in place as they're not shade tolerant. The key to your knife trick is the mushroom growing out of the side of that rotten stem which is likely softer than a sneaker full of sh*t.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  15. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Our second full day here in our woods up north had me replacing the fuel pump on our workhorse Polaris Ranger. It had been stalling out after running for a while, but would restart after 5-10 minutes. After several mis-diagnoses, considerable reading, and an illuminating conversation with a neighbor here I figured the electric fuel pump would overheat, quit working, and not resume sending fuel 'til it cooled down some. The mechanical job went well enough for being done by a carpenter and I had my Endura with me as it's another orange woods knife that sees considerable use up here. Today it saw a bit of abuse, cutting fuel lines up against metal, rounding the tip a bit and dulling the edge. I didn't get any action shots but took a couple on top of an as-yet-unspilt wood pile after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put the Ranger through its paces after to test it out driving the three-plus miles on dirt roads down to the town hall to pay our RE taxes, then came back the long way 5 miles up another gravel road then up to our hilltop meadow for a quick peek at the view then back home through the woods and down the disused and un-maintained part of our road. No stalling out so I'm hopeful that problem is solved. Here's our camp with J's truck and the Ranger resting back under its little shed roof.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I showed the Endura some needed love for a job well done this evening and took some time to sharpen and lube J's matching Delica as well as my 0452 which had received comparable abuse on the job back home and came along to Vermont for some TLC too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    [​IMG]

DB_Cruiser, miso2, razorburn and 22 others like this.
  17. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
  18. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016

19. Sharps

Sharps Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Bugout was with me today on a day trip to Basswood lake in the Boundary Waters! Fishing was a little slow, a few smallies, a few Northerns, some small wallys! Highlight of the day was this big girl, 30 inches, slightly over 10 pounds.

Fish were all released for the next lucky angler to enjoy!

Edit: The sore on the side of the old girl is apparently caused from going above and below the thermocline. At least that is what I was told by someone who supposedly knows. Apparently not life threatening to her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  20. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014