1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Emergency and survival gear for your car.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Edwood7, Sep 26, 2011.

1. kfgk14

kfgk14

Jun 18, 2010
    I need to add some to my kit, but I have redundant lighting setups and chem lights for now. For fire I carry Trioxane as well as other firestarting gear.

2. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    My truck is pretty well equipped.
    I keep a "go" pack in there with knife, saw, rain jacket, cook set, canteen with water, water filter, tarp, survival kit, first aid kit, flashlight, etc.
    That pack carries the sort of stuff I could use to spend a night in the woods with fair comfort.
    I also have a range basic supplies in my truck tool box: hand tools, tow chain, jumper cables, fishing gear, hatchet, tie-downs, etc.

Not too long ago, I put together a small kit that I could grab quickly to render some basic emergency assistance. Here's the kit.

[​IMG]

Based on Moosez45's BK-3 vs. Dodge Omni video, I'd say the BK-3 is good tool to have for an emergency.
    I may swap out my Camillus version (above) for the Ka-Bar version with the striker pommel.

[video=youtube;QSuZxLT8_iY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuZxLT8_iY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Here's all the stuff in that kit above: (from top left, first row) first aid kit, nitrile gloves, emergency poncho, couple of space blankets, (next row) safety glasses, reflective vest, Spyderco D'Allara, Surefire G2, (next row) road flares, leather gloves, paracord and duct tape, BK-3 Tac Tool, Leatherman Surge.

[​IMG]