1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

End of the Year Clearance sales for 12/30

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Mateos

Mateos

Dec 2, 2015
    Well the most important decision you have already made... Himalayan Imports! 😉

Stick around on the forum, all the folks here are happy to answer questions on what may suit your needs. This is a great community.

2. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    That mini spear vala is half the normal asking price. I have one, tempted to make it if the right one don't get ya, the left one will.

I'll hold off, somebody deserves that little cutie.

3. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Donation sent for the baby.

4. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr

Jan 6, 2012
    Someday an M43 for me......... Someday

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

5. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    You da man Bookie. I'm sending some loot hopefully this week too.

6. Bigbore577

Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    I can tell you will learn quick, sight unseen will make no difference. You're an old dog and have other senses. Several of us here are the same. Very acute, keep up the good work,

7. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Dang! This shark didnt cut the mustard! Im all slabbed up ready for the p-nut oil:rolleyes: Pugs your the winner in my opinion! That was a killer deal! Anything by Thamar is a winner but that TC is especially nice! Happy New Years Yall!

8. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    Welcome, I just joined this month and asked lots of questions and have had nothing but a fantastic experience. Everyone on here is helpful and polite. My first was from the first sale this month (now 9) and i was a few days late to the party,these guys told me to email auntie. If she has more she will tell you . I looked through all the previous sales and saw what was what and made a mental list of what i wanted so on the site unseen foxy i have a good idea what im getting and i know without a doubt the quality will be second to none. Had i not ordered abunch this month and not seen the quality first hand i would have held off for pics but not anymore. The knowledge of these forumites and their willingness to share and help newbies is fantastic. I would highly recommend cruising the names she listed to see what they are from previous listings then be ready to order i got the 2 i wanted and one with a little persuassion from bawanna lol. Although i know deep down i really wanted that one too. Just a heads up there are more than a few potential knives still for sale from the previous posts this month i was watching and talking with auntie about, however she helped hand pick others not even listed anywhere. Have fun and watch out for HIKV its really contagious and for some with spouses potentially lethal.

9. Brewton

Brewton

Feb 5, 2014
    EMS on the ASTK and the mini spear Vala as well as a keychain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. conan11

conan11

Jul 28, 2014
    Thank you for the reminder!
    Donation sent.

11. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    Thanks Brewton! I was gonna cave on the Mini Spear Vala, though I can't carry it in MA due to the double edge. Coulda been a good boot knife though..

12. Brewton

Brewton

Feb 5, 2014

You're welcome I was surprised it was still available! I decided to sleep on it and if still up I HAD to buy it lol. Sucks bout the knife(and gun) laws up that way:( I figured it'd make a great boot dagger kinda a Nepalese sgian dubh

13. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    This "old dog" came for the sale and all I got was this lousy T-shirt :D

[​IMG]

Ray

14. joeraz

joeraz

Jan 6, 2016
    Same happens when you order from victoria secrets, all they send is empty wrapper.

15. TheScoundrel_70

TheScoundrel_70

Dec 5, 2012
    Is there a pic of the Amar Singh Thapa by Lachhu? I'm late to the show, but that model seems like it would be a great all around camp knife. How would it stack up against an M43? Strengths/advantages of one over the other?

16. Brewton

Brewton

Feb 5, 2014
    DD on the ASTK and mini Vala

17. Brewton

Brewton

Feb 5, 2014
    [​IMG]

I haven't seen this specific one but here is one of very similar size and a satisal handle as for use we shall see[emoji4]

18. TheScoundrel_70

TheScoundrel_70

Dec 5, 2012
    Thanks for the pic, and congratulations on the AST Brewton! The docked pommel is unusual, is that a regular feature on ASTs? The profile looks well suited to large camp knife tasks.

19. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    TheScoundrel yes, here is my ASTK @ 17" 33oz made by Anil. This one is not good for general purpose like my 17" 27oz M-43, but then again I asked Auntie specifically for an ASTK that would excel in splitting kindling by the fire, and that is exactly what it does. In fact it's sitting on a pile of its own work in this pic :)

[​IMG]

20. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks brother, I am a big fan of Kumar's work. I have one of his Wajaski's and its killer.