1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

End of the Year Clearance sales for 12/30

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    A photo of Kumar (left) and Sher (right) that some might be interested to see, from 2 years ago:

[​IMG]

2. olpappy

olpappy

Dec 6, 2004
    14 inch 15 ounce villager fit and finish Hasiya by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $65

I'll take this if available, email sent.

3. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    The docked pommel is not a regular feature of the ASTK. Current or past owner probably did that, either because the corner of the pommel was cutting into his hand, or maybe the handle was damaged in that area.

Personally, I don't think that the ASTK or M43 are best as an "all around camp knife." The shape might be right, but these are fairly heavy knives (usually 28-32 oz), good for heavy chopping but not optimal for other camp chores or for carrying around on hikes. Now that's for the 18" length. If you can find a lighter weight 15" version, that would make a good camp knife. However, I've rarely seen either of these models in 15" lengths.

For a camp knife I'd stick with the 15"-16" length and maybe choose a Sirupati, Chitlangi or Gelbu Special. The Pen Knife usually runs a little shorter, but it's very robust and also makes a good camp knife.

This Pen Knife by Kumar Kami is 12.5" OAL and weighs 18 oz. Because the handle lines up straight with the spine you can choke up on it if necessary, or if you have large hands. It might be shorter than most HI knives, but this is a very strong knife and can do everything except the heaviest chopping, and it can do some of that in a pinch.

PenKnife12.5in-Kumar18oz-for-Dave-02.jpg

4. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    David, my ASTK came straight from Auntie. But I have never seen them like that before. Upon further inspection, I believe the 2 pictures are both of the same knife! Brewton, where did that pic come from?

5. Mateos

Mateos

Dec 2, 2015
    I could be wrong, but I think Auntie just added a few more knives tonight up top... I have reached my quota for 2016 and am cutting myself off. Good thing tomorrow is 2017.

6. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    Mateos you are not wrong. I however, am weak-willed:

EMS for the newly posted Malla :)

7. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    Darn you 2017 ems 20 inch chainpuri.

I did say i was spent for 2016 guess not 2017. Lol

8. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    EMS for 18 inch 20 ounce Kumar Kobra by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $95

Got the Done Deal. :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  9. Brewton

Brewton

Feb 5, 2014
    I did a search on the site looking for one of that size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    Dd on 20 " chainpuri

11. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    DD on the Malla, and possibly grabbing a 20" 40oz AK as well :) new year, same broke, low-impulse control me

12. DaFatKid

DaFatKid Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 6, 2016
    EMS on "20 inch 22 ounce Chainpuri Khukuri from Chainpur. Satisal wood handle and sheath. Beautiful Knife at $100 even".

13. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Red Eagle EMS and got the DD

14. DaFatKid

Aug 6, 2016
    That is what I get for not reading all five pages first. 😩

15. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Hold your head up son, I do that all the time. You'll get the next one, I can feel it in my cells.

Plus who knows, she might just have another one and then who will the joke be on..............................

16. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    No big deal, the blade will find you, if it's meant for you, it'll be there waiting for ya!

You can always email Yangdu, and see if she has another one.

17. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    Whatever you do, do not email her she secretly has way too much good stuff available and you will end up like me odering one of everything. Seriously do email her she might have just what you want.

18. DaFatKid

Aug 6, 2016
    Too late. I emailed her and she has a similar one coming my way.

Of course, that is in addition to the SEAX knife I just ordered.

I'm gonna be one happy camper. 😁

19. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    I'm gonna be a happy camper for you too. My Fred Astaire days are long gone but picture me dancing for you.

That might be a hard image to remove from your eyes. Maybe best not.

20. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    Ha ha too late is right now just don't keep emailing her otherwise you will just keep sending her money. Glad you got one.