Endura/Delica Deep Carry Clip

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Runt1122, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Runt1122

Runt1122

Feb 20, 2019
    I am debating on getting a deep carry clip from MXG for either my Delica, Endura, or both. Who has done this and what were your thoughts? I know it is a personal preference thing, but did you think it was a good addition?

Oloung1 and InfamousMS like this.
  2. StoneAndSteel

StoneAndSteel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2019
    As a disclaimer: I ALWAYS put a deep pocket clip on my knives. I would rather have the knife ride a little deeper in the pocket to help avoid it falling out (my job puts me in the woods a bit and that's a big concern), as well as makes it a LITTLE less noticeable when around town. But as far as clip quality is concerned, I've had only one MXG clip and wasn't blown away by its finish. If you elect to put a deep pocket clip on, I would recommend a Lynch NorthWest clip. Great quality and Casey is great to work with.

3. 353

353 Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I've tried them on a Delica and a Native.

After a couple of days trying them out I switched back to the factory clips. Deep carry clips are usually taller than OEM ones and for me they gave me hotspots as well. I also think the original clips look a lot better.

So not a good addition IMO.

4. rak2

rak2

Mar 17, 2016
    I put the MXG deep carry clips on both Delica and Endura and an Endella and carry them in office slacks regularly with no problem. Wanted to try the Lynch clips but have never been able to find them in stock. The clips can be felt in the hand but I have nothing to compare to to determine if it's worse/better than others. Also have the MXG on a PM2 and Para3 but never carry those...
    rak2

Oloung1 and InfamousMS like this.
  5. Centermass

Centermass

Feb 25, 2016
    You will find aftermarket clips, deep carry or not, from any manufacturer, can be hit or miss with regard to fit/finish, but more importantly how they change the feel of the knife in hand. Unfortunately, you won’t know this until you try them out. I’ve had a few MXG clips over the years. Currently, my Spyderco Manix 2 XL and a Benchmade 477 are the only two still wearing them. Casey Lynch IS a great dude to work with and makes a fine product, but even his didn’t make the cut on my Manix due to the way it felt in my hand during use.

Oloung1 likes this.
  6. pcguy23

pcguy23 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Mxg clips on all my spyderco's

7. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    F7F5A931-7D58-45BF-8518-E9A8D6D15528.jpeg

Oloung1 likes this.