estate find

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by zanussi01, Aug 5, 2016.

1. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease

Mar 8, 2016
    Honestly i am worried. I'm in Aus and have been talking to a fellow down here that was to sell me a TGLB or two. We have known each other for a while through forums, never met IRL. He stopped responding to my emails nearly two months ago....

2. Skrapmetal

Skrapmetal

Jul 13, 2009
    That was what I thought when I saw this thread yesterday.

David Lennon likes this.
  3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Yes I too have been scratching my head about who has passed for a group to come up like that.

4. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease

Mar 8, 2016
    Andy i sent you a PM on the matter

5. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    That is a high dollar score!

6. Z51

Z51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Good score.

My wife will probably sell my collection that way in the future.

7. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    ^--- And that's why I have a regularly updated list of all my knives attached to our trust, along with the link to BF and instructions to buy a gold membership, and talk to the HOGS before she sells my collection!

HOGS be HOGS but won't take advantage of a widow! :thumbup: :thumbup:

tuica likes this.
  8. zanussi01

zanussi01

Jan 3, 2012
    Hi Everyone,
    I will try to answer a few of your queries in regards to these.
    I paid $500AU for the box of bayonets.(it was the four Aus issue m9 bayonets sticking out of the box i was interested in!)
    The estate was from a Vietnam vet that was a friend on my great uncle,not sure if they served together,most likely.I didnt know him and we had never met.
    His sons didnt want his stuff,so they held an auction to get rid of it.It was sad because of the way they went about it,and also the stuff that was sold.
    They were not collectors and sentmintal value to them wasnt something they lost sleep over.
    I will keep them for now,but i know a market for these exist and moving them on isnt an issue.
    Thankyou.
    P.S. The end one (with G10)has just had the coating removed,rather poorly i might add,as on the reverse side there is still some coating left.
    The all black looks to be paper micarta,between them is black canvas with smoothed handle,then just the two tan canvas on the left,on mint,one used.
    Thankyou agin to all for your comments.

9. zanussi01

zanussi01

Jan 3, 2012
    Hi Everyone,
    I will try to answer a few of your queries in regards to these.
    I paid $500AU for the box of bayonets.(it was the four Aus issue m9 bayonets sticking out of the box i was interested in!)
    The estate was from a Vietnam vet that was a friend on my great uncle,not sure if they served together,most likely.I didnt know him and we had never met.
    His sons didnt want his stuff,so they held an auction to get rid of it.It was sad because of the way they went about it,and also the stuff that was sold.
    They were not collectors and sentmintal value to them wasnt something they lost sleep over.
    I will keep them for now,but i know a market for these exist and moving them on isnt an issue.
    Thankyou.
    P.S. The end one (with G10)has just had the coating removed,rather poorly i might add,as on the reverse side there is still some coating left.
    The all black looks to be paper micarta,between them is black canvas with smoothed handle,then just the two tan canvas on the left,on mint,one used.
    Thankyou agin to all for your comments.

10. Space Coyote

Space Coyote

Feb 17, 2015
    [​IMG]

11. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease

Mar 8, 2016
    $500?! Hit the jackpot mate, well done!

12. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
  13. Equipped4life

Equipped4life Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2015
    correct @mqqn Nothing slips past @David Brown. You could see that in DB's sheath work.

OP "Darryl" @zanussi01 wondering too, what ever happened with your batch from 2016.

I would have posted on today's thread but it is now closed.

14. OldPhysics

OldPhysics

Sep 2, 2006
    No surprises will be found at my estate sale. At least, not in INFI.

The safes are all spoken for.