ever feel the need to stop buying knives

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by BFH44, Jun 7, 2011.

1. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    Wise and insightful; I'm trying to do the same.

Thanks for all the interesting and honest replies. May 16 was the last time I purchased a knife. That was after buying over a dozen in the first 4 months of this year.

The task now being faced is avoiding replacing buying blades with something else that is nice but unnecessary.

Best wishes,

bruce

2. wolf-man-12

wolf-man-12

Dec 24, 2007
    I want to thin my collection down to 10 or 12 folding knives and about the same on my fixed blades ~~ as I have way to many Safe Queens and all they do is lay there in the dark of my safe and wait for me to open the door for light and then 'bam' ~~ close the door again.! Got 3 Seb's and they are all NIB ~~ they will be gone next week and a lot of others to follow. There are a lot of things I can think of to buy besides Knives ~~ they just cost more and go bang in the night.
    You all have a good day and good luck trying not to buy any more knives.

3. FuriousFist

FuriousFist

Mar 27, 2011
    I've caught HIKV :D

4. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Stay Sharp! Platinum Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I often feel the NEED to stop buying, but never the DESIRE. LOL! :)

5. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Sometimes, but then I lie down until the feeling passes:D.

6. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    During down times, i just find more Gurkha histories/ survival/ warfare articles to indulge in. It tends to deepen your understanding and be able to share your views on the Cantina.

7. BFH44

BFH44

Nov 3, 2010
    i hear ya

8. mohd

mohd

Jun 3, 1999
    At one time I missed one off DOTD and UB told me in his email (i.e. I can't remember the exact words by words of his sentences but more or less it sounded like this): Before this you didn't even have any khukuri at all and still you were very much okay with it! So I think you should be very much okay even when you missed this one off DOTD, Mohd!

IMVHO it means a lot in those of UB's few words :thumbup:

mohd

9. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    Pak when you started to see Karda's new avatar it's a clear sign the water is full of it. DOTD's getting harder.