1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. D17A1

D17A1 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Spyderco Waterway...I can't say enough good things about the knife. The only thing I didn't like for my purposes was the clip, which I replaced with an Izula molle backing.

It's also very fairly priced for what it is IMO...get it. :D

crumpet8 and NWPilgrim like this.
  2. K.O.D.

K.O.D. The Everlasting Know-it-all Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Huh, being that I wear a size 14, I usually hide a knife under the insole of a shoe in my checked bags.

No one has ever said anything though. It's just such a practical thing. It's funny because people criticize, until they need it. Except for the airport and govt buildings, I keep an SAK in my medicine bag along with a flashlight. I'm always somewhat prepared.

I'm glad you found something decent though.

Meanwhile, I'm loving my new Kershaw.

T. Erdelyi and NWPilgrim like this.
  3. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Mail call... First GEn 6 hinderer and it's one hell of a knife, compared to my crossroads and it's pretty close in size surprisingly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    That s still a good looking knife. I d keep it as is.

Edgeoflife and Diablogt90 like this.
  5. Glenn Goodlett

Glenn Goodlett Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Both new to me from the forums.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018

That elk ridge stockman with abalone (style?) scales is one im gonna have to look out for at wallyworld. How is the quality of the scales, does it look half decent? I have been trying to get my wife to carry a knife so i gave her a Kershaw squaw creek w CF inlays, no dice, tried to give her a Spyderco dragonfly, no dice. So one day she was looking at one of my spyderpacs i had out and picked out the Wayne Goddard sprint with the burgundy scales and said she liked that one but I wasn't really wanting to give that up plus it's kind of big for her so I know she probably wasn't serious anyway and just liked the color but I know she is a sucker for Abalone so maybe she would carry that medium stockman...Its worth a shot.
    Thats sucks about the hurricane on vacation but sounds like you made it back in one piece!

Edit: turns out it was inexpensive enough i just went ahead and grabbed one online. Hopefully she likes it!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  7. Organic556

Organic556 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2015
    • Nice new addition to the auto collection. AFC95754-5AB6-4A98-AD10-49E88CF55983.jpeg

8. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    2EF1B8D4-21E3-4396-95DC-0337521AAC06.jpeg
    Was actually purchased a couple months back and as soon as I received it from the dealer it was shipped to Idaho the next day. It’s back for good now tho. Never even pocketed until tonite

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  9. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    This Boker Plus trainer. Learned two things quite fast:
    1 Get a trainer before you start with a live blade, otherwise you will get cut (I don't have a sharp bali yet)
    2 Train the basic openings on a carpeted floor, you will drop the trainer several times. I have.
    I will get a live bali, just haven't decided on the model yet.

[​IMG]

Edgeoflife likes this.
  10. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_8328.JPG
    I own the live version of that boker Bali and it offers a lot of value if you can get your hands on one. I had to buy mine from an international website as they don't sell that version in the US apparently, only the trainer here. While I think it's not so much a great flipper imo but more of an EDC with its lightweight and pocket clip it is still a great entry level bali for around 80 bucks.

My latest acquisition from a trade

Prophet118 and HFinn like this.
  11. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Why did you ship it back to CRK?

Cogam87 likes this.
  12. toal299

toal299 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2017
  13. Sharps

Sharps Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2001
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rick, Prophet118, Organic556 and 5 others like this.
  14. CDS

CDS Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2001
    [​IMG]

Organic556, Edgeoflife, D17A1 and 3 others like this.
  15. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Nice skinny slicer. Do they make these in a non flipper 3.5?

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  16. CDS

CDS Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2001
    I have no idea. Not real experienced with Hinderers.

17. Wolverine666

Dec 7, 2009
  18. toal299

toal299 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Hi there, It is a Homer Zhu T-Rex. Just picked it up and it is a great knife so far. I believe the maker is from Japan. I'm really impressed with the quality for the relatively low price.

Edgeoflife likes this.
  19. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
  20. Wolverine666

Dec 7, 2009
    Sweet. The blade shape is a bit unusual and I like that.

ErocSD likes this.