Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    My set is complete. I could not be happier.

[​IMG]

2. Retired UPS Driver

Retired UPS Driver Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Beautiful piece to wrap it up with, congratulations. After the enjoyment settles in and the heart rate goes back down to normal,...

Now it’s on to the next quest.

Quiet likes this.
  3. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Oh, most definitely. I put up a family shot here:

https://bladeforums.com/threads/201...nd-forum-knife-picture-thread.1680155/page-61

Now I can rest for a moment, but I'm sure the itch will present itself again sooner rather than later.

ironage and Retired UPS Driver like this.
  4. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    All within the last few weeks. Being stuck at home isn’t good for my wallet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Huntnow

Huntnow

Dec 2, 2018
    How does the Kershaw compare to the ZT? Just curious, the 0357 has drawn a lot of people to compare them.

6. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    I received this a few days ago from a fellow forum member. It's a Schatt and Morgan Heritage Jack with a 1095 steel blade, Norway Iron bolsters, and ebony covers. I'm really impressed with the fit and finish on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And these three just came in today... With another SIX on the way. This pandemic needs to end, being cooped up is killing my wallet, lol.

First up is a TRM Neutron! I had to see what all the hype was about and as soon as I saw how thin the stock was, I understood. It reminds me of the Spyderco Chaparral with it's amazing sliceyness. I'm a big fan of 20CV too, so I'm excited to try this bad boy out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next package contained a Hess Knifeworks Tiburon! What a sweet knife for the price! It has a 1095 blade from GEC and a beautifully finished, stabilized redwood burl handle. These knives should be much more popular than they are. Amazing bang for your buck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but most certainly not least... A small Sebenza 21 Insingo with black Micarta inlays, double lugs, and blue hardware. This exact build has been one of my grail knives since the moment I started learning about CRK knives. Thanks @CHNeal for making it happen!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I looked for a year when this one popped up on the sales forum. Decent price too. It’s easily my favorite EDC.

I had the MBK EZC version to get me accustomed. It only whetted my appetite for the real thing.

Retired UPS Driver likes this.
  8. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    If I had to choose one I’d go for the CF Knockout. It’s great knife, very light with the cf. The ZT is a stout blade, solid lock up and you can tell it’s built well. I wasn’t originally gonna purchase it but I got it at a price I couldn’t pass up, cheaper than the knockout actually. The cf knockout I liked so much I bought 2. Both are great knives but if given the choice.....cf knockout.

Huntnow and Retired UPS Driver like this.
  9. Hurrul

Hurrul Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Samurai Stuart K-tip parer w/ edc sheath carry -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Organic556, A.L., paulhilborn and 6 others like this.
  10. dboblades

dboblades Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2015
  11. jdmvette

jdmvette

Dec 20, 2019
    New toy came in today:

[​IMG]

Little buddy is curious too:

[​IMG]

New Microtech Halo 6 in a chocolate finish with a bronzed hellhound blade and no safety on the button.

Carbon fiber pattern sheath with matching tri-way screws: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deep chocolate colored body with bronze hardware:

[​IMG]

And that sweet, sweet bronzed hellhound blade:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course the matching bronze charging handle:
    [​IMG]

This knife is amazing. It fires with such authority and force that it almost feels like recoil of a pistol. [​IMG]

I will admit that I previously bought some cheap Chinese Halo clones to see what they felt like before this big purchase for the real deal. The difference between those knockoffs and this are apparent and obvious now that I have experienced this beast.

Amazing knife. [​IMG]

12. jdmvette

jdmvette

Dec 20, 2019
    That is an awesome knife

13. Retired UPS Driver

Jun 25, 2019
    Your not kidding, that’s a beauty! Congratulations.

14. Mass1632

Mass1632

Dec 24, 2019
    My newest, the becker kephart

[​IMG]

Cutfinger, A.L., paulhilborn and 6 others like this.
  15. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Custom from Anton Tkachenko:
    • Model: Paradox
    • Lock type: Paradox Lock
    • This is the same designer/ custom maker who created the Ant Lock on the Steel Will Tasso. Here's Nick Shabazz' review of the Tasso
    • The Paradox Lock and the Ant Lock both look like Lock Backs and distribute vertical forces onto a stop pin like the Tri-Ad Lock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  16. Bmgillum

Bmgillum Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Alan Davis Slip Joint
    Blade 2 3/8”, OAL 5 2/5”, Closed 3 1/8”
    Handle - Sambar Stag
    Blade/Backspring - CPM 154 Stainless
    Bolster/Liners - 416 Stainless
    Filed Backspring & Liners

B95DBEFB-11F9-47BC-98C5-78C7925F2F0A.jpeg 87FC7405-FCE6-4900-BFD7-54B0F818C2DD.jpeg 06C1E6EB-A2F2-4B45-A276-CF0FE5A2A1D0.jpeg

17. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Giggity...
    Screenshot_20200401-185355_Gallery~2.jpg

Kabancheck, TALON52, ErocSD and 6 others like this.
  18. Retired UPS Driver

Jun 25, 2019
    Wow does that ever have some beautiful curves and flow to it. You got a real beauty there.

Mass1632 and WValtakis like this.
  19. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Ugh! Loved that knife for a long time!! Soon as I was ready to get one they had stopped making then!! Enjoy that sexy beast!!
    James

20. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Cool knife!