1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

FAKE Large 21 Sebenza ALERT

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Steel_Addiction, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Steel_Addiction

Steel_Addiction Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
  2. brandnewcolony

brandnewcolony Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Just saw that also and already sent the link to CRK. No rounded spine lol

3. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I doubt the previous bidders realize, or they would not have bid.

You can report the item as fraudulent, and Ebay will pull the sale.

I especially like how the seller says "no original box or papers"

4. ThumperACC

ThumperACC

Feb 28, 2009
  5. ThumperACC

ThumperACC

Feb 28, 2009
    Unfortunately it might be hard to report as fraudulent. The listing shows "This auction is for a Chris Reeve Large Sebenza Style Folding Knife" note the 'style'. He's not lying, it is Sebenza style. He's not stating it is a Sebenza, which would be fraudulent. People like that seller $uck.

ThumperACC

6. wolf5391

wolf5391

Sep 23, 2010
    actually as long as the word sebenza is in there he has misrepresented chris reeve knives and is in the wrong. ive had ebay cancel a listing before for a guy who was selling a sebenza "STYLE" knife and and everytime i searched for a sebenza it poped up. and people like that seller do suck but there is a market for people who want to feel the knifes overall demensions. Its unfortunate but its true :(

7. DallasSTB

DallasSTB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2009
    I'm glad you guys picked this up too. Our little group here is becoming quite adept at spotting these things floating around. I hope that continues to improve - as the clones also continue to improve.:mad:

8. Sunby

Sunby

Jan 19, 2012
    I've inquired the seller and he replied:

"No, it is not genuine. But also not a copy. It is just a folding knife with the Style of a Sebenza" :confused:

9. sell33

sell33

Jan 15, 2012
    What the.....well I'm glad the good people here are quick to throw up warnings for everyone's benefits! Thanks!

10. jwolf90

jwolf90

Oct 17, 2011
    Not a copy my A#$, the name Sebenza should not be asc. with this pos

11. Noctis3880

Noctis3880 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2009
    No Chris Reeve logo on the handles that I can spot. So long as that's true it's only a replica and not a counterfeit, despite the misleading description and legal word games. We all know what's going on, but we pretend that we don't know, but everybody knows. That really stuck in my head after watching Under Siege 2:D.

12. l2lku2

l2lku2

Feb 7, 2009
    I see a logo on there, clear as day. Look at the first picture, enlarged, from the first auction. He made the pictures smaller on the second auction to try and hide the details but they are the same pictures.

And he is clearly trying to mislead saying he paid more than 300 Euro.

I reported him and sent him some questions.

I see he has now posted that the knife was not made by CRK in Idaho.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  13. Fourgates

Fourgates

Oct 24, 2011
    Did you guys get to check his other auctions? His past auctions? I'm pretty new and can't tell the difference.

14. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    I reported it yesterday as well.

15. GarrettWeidman

GarrettWeidman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I messaged him yesterday telling him that it was fake and this is what he replied:

Hello,

Thanks! First I didn't believe it because I bought the knife for a lot of money and of course I am really angry now! But 2 other Ebay members wrote the same and told me I should declare it as Sebenza Style knife and not as an original Chris Reeve. Then it would be ok.
    Thanks for your help and greetings from Germany,

- mindbreak

16. IamMatt

IamMatt

Mar 20, 2002
    I offered to buy it with "U.S. Dollar-style" pieces of paper but no go...