Fall Trackrock???

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bmurray, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Has 2020 fall trackrock been cancelled. I'm hearing that it might be. Some have already decided not to go due to the virus pandemic. I need to confirm soon so I can cancel my cabin reservations. Hopefully someone will know or can find out for us.

2. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    I have decided to sit this one out. Hopefully things will improve by spring. I'll miss hanging out with you all but im hoping things will be better in the spring. Im canceling my reservations this morning.

Fiddleback likes this.
  3. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I'm talking with Scott. But here is my view.

If you feel like you shouldn't go out and socialize in the age of covid, please feel comfortable staying home and protecting yourself and your family.

Otherwise, please go ahead and come to Trackrock. I will be there that weekend barring any kind of unlucky sickness setting in. I will not come if I am sick. But I have my cabin rented at the alternate site. And even if they close the Trackrock event I will be there. If you all are still coming, I will bring all necessary equipment to forge and grind knives regardless of whether the event is cancelled. And I miss you all, and I want to hang out and have a great weekend of camaraderie with you. I will be there.

And I will let you know what Scott thinks as I get it.

rpdur likes this.
  4. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Totaly understand this. BUT, I wish you'd reconsider. Won't be the same without you.

Bmurray and NoRest like this.
  5. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Are there any good places to day hike around there? Maybe some waterfalls?

Fiddleback likes this.
  6. RLO

RLO KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 8, 2019
    You can hike right up Bald Mountain from Track Rock or quick run back into NC on US 64 to Appalachian Trail or to Nantahala Gorge for white water rafting. I'm not going to be there this time. I do have an on site cabin reserved which I'd be glad to see someone pickup.

Fiddleback likes this.
  7. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    I think there is. And there is the actual Trackrock

8. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    I'll really miss hanging out with you guys this fall. But I have to travel for 17 hours through 7 states to get down there. With the pandemic I just can't do it. I WILL be there in the spring though. I hope you all have a great time! This was a tough decision for us but I feel its the right one.

Fiddleback and Nbrackett like this.
  9. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I'm still planning to come. I so need a break.

Fiddleback and Outpost Allison like this.
  10. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Well then you sir will be missed.

NoRest likes this.
  11. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Any updates? I so need a break and change of scenery that I’m coming even if I have to sit at Misty Mountain Cabins by myself and just sit there by myself!

Fiddleback likes this.
  12. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    I'll be there if work allows it. I've got to get away for a few days.

13. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Since we can’t get refunds Adam and I will be there.

14. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Andy and I will be there..i dont care if we stay at the cabins or not either...i prolly will

15. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    Yes - still on with some slightly different setup. Scott Garrison has done some changes to help with the social distancing/covid stuff. More details on the Georgia Guild site on fB. Sadly I will not be attending this fall (first ever that I will miss). Things have come up that make it necessary for me to be elsewhere. Really hate to miss seeing all you guys there and all the fun and food. Be safe and have an excellent time. Try not to give Scotty to hard a time.

Fiddleback likes this.
  16. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    You Sir, will be missed!

Bmurray likes this.
  17. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Yea, it won’t be the same without you and uncle Rick @RLO. Two of my favorite people that I know

18. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Trackrock will go on one way or another.

19. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    You will be missed my friend.

20. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    It's a hard miss for me as well. Got something going on that can't be shifted. If it goes as planned it will be worth it.

Bmurray likes this.