1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Fancy Autos....

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Dawkind, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Here are a couple of my personal favorites and two of the ‘fancier’ knives I own.

They are both masterfully hand crafted by the inimitable Richard S. Wright with Turkish-Twist Damascus forged by none other than Jerry Rados.

Pictures are worth a thousand words’ as is said so here are a few...Ancient Walrus Ivory, Antique Shell, engraved, carved, ano’d, set with precious stones, and both with Richard’s ambi-bolster release.

These are large folders with a blade length of 5 3/4” on the dagger and 5 1/2” on the Persian.

The piece with the Lost Wax Cast Celtic-style bolsters has an Ancient Ivory blade-stop and the Persian piece has a stop of 18K gold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A better idea of the glorious ano and carving on the Dagger...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Very nice Dudley

Dawkind likes this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2001
    Those are fantastic, your collection never ceases to amaze me.

Dawkind likes this.
  4. Durban Devil

Durban Devil Hunter Handmade Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 13, 2012
    Thank you for sharing those beautiful knives. I wasn't aware of Richard's work before.

5. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Beauties....Thanks for showing !!!

Dawkind likes this.
  6. Win Heger

Win Heger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Both stunning but the dagger is my favorite. Love the Rados Damascus, I had several knives built with it over the years.

Dawkind likes this.
  7. AVigil

AVigil Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    You know a good folder when you see one ;);)

Dawkind likes this.
  8. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    that is some great spine work. :thumbsup:

Dawkind likes this.