Favorite bargain priced knive

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by tactially_prepared, Jan 9, 2014.

1. thragdar

thragdar Banned BANNED

Jan 7, 2014
    Kabar Dozier, without a doubt. The handle material is about the cheapest plastic you could get, but the blade is a decent AUS-8. I have two, and plan on adding more. Why? Gotta collect all the colors... and the price makes that possible. Another awesome thing is that the super low price makes it possible for you to just give the damn things away and help spread the sickness. :D

2. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    USA-made Schrade 108OT I got in traded for a crap Gerber I found and a Craftsman 9473 (USA-made) Schrade I bought here for $15 shipped. One or the other is in my pocket every day. The 108OT is in my pocket as I type this. Those old Schrade provide great value for your money and are still easy to find cheap. I also always have a Vic Farmer on my belt I found for less than $32 shipped. Another company providing products that are great value for your money.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You need not spend big bucks to get great knives. I bought these two old USA-made Camillus #41 pen knives for about 20 bucks each. Old USA-made Camillus are other knives providing "more knife for your money".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  3. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    My Tenacious is my best cheap knife.

4. A-Ro

A-Ro

Dec 19, 2013
    Victorinox Cadet...it fits on my key chain and has a lot of utility.

5. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    For under $10: SRM 702, SRM H03.
    For under $30: Kershaw Needs Work.
    For under $40: Spyderco Cat.

6. CrialJLA

CrialJLA

Dec 17, 2008
    Skyline, Delica. Vic Cadet

7. Stubai

Stubai

Mar 16, 2007
    A while back there was an offering over at CTD. The black coated knife was in the ten dollar range if memory serves. That fixed blade has been tossed, thrown, left out in the snow and then abused again and again. It still keeps ticking. Makes me a firm believer that the China blades can (and do) serve a purpose for those of us who don't wish to bust the bank. 440 is not so bad after all!

8. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    These guys are 440(A) and take a decent edge... I carved a wooden spoon with one... Not bad for a steel that gets no respect.

[​IMG]

9. rje58

rje58 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    The stainless scales on the Bushman make it look like it might not be easy to maintain a secure, stable grip. Do you find them to be slippery at all?