Favourite double edge razor blade...

Discussion in 'Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming' started by lonestar1979, Feb 15, 2020.

1. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    In that situation, I would have done the same thing. :)

2. lonestar1979

lonestar1979

Mar 2, 2014
    I find gilette nacet ,gilette silver blue,personna and super max super stainless way better for my skin type than feather and moat other blades.Actually super max ss is what i like the most and gives me best shaves ever,and have tried over 30 types of blades.Have 5 safety razors,and they all shave differently,I like feather plastic razor,very inexpensive,not agressive at all but gives me excellent shave.Some day im im getting stainless feather razor,its expensive,but i thiink its its worth it.i do not like agressive razors at all,as my skin is somewhat sensitive.If i i nt shave for few days,then parker 99r is amazing.

3. aih

aih

Jun 10, 2010
    I have favorites, but I rotate among maybe 10 brands. I don't think I strongly dislike any blade, so far. It is interesting to me how my experience with a blade can be one thing and then another when I use them months or years apart. The razor makes a difference. Also, I get used to a blade when I use it for a while. A blade may feel dull at first, but when I shave with them for a while I don't feel it anymore; but then I use a "sharp" blade and the new blade feels really sharp.

Some "dull" blades can feel really smooth. And there are blades that--to me anyway--feel both really sharp and really smooth.

Some blades are fine when using every day, but not great when shaving several days of stubble.

My favorites right now are Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, and Feather. Those to me are the best all around, regardless of the razor I'm using, whether shaving every day or shaving 5 days growth, and just as good on the 7th shave as on the first.

4. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    I've used DE safety razors for about 10 years now. I'd never go back to the modern multiblade crap that Gillette currently makes.

Prester John likes this.
  5. David Martin

David Martin Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Me too. ^ I have been using my Gillett super speed for 10 years and really like it.
    I have a plastic tract II in my truck for a quick touch up. But they are only good for about 3-4 shaves. A comfortable double edge is hard to beat. I use Feather blades. DM

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Stelth likes this.