Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 9/18/20

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Sep 17, 2020.

1. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    It worked! Whoever got the solo got something special!

2. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I made a play, but it was gone come checkout time.

Fiddleback and Rufus Magnus like this.
  3. M B

M B Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    not even 15 minutes in and all the bocote is gonzo!

thank you for donating some of your proceeds to charity. they say generosity is a gateway to virtue.

tonight i will dream of a Gaucho in 8670 w/ lager g10 on top of vomit green pinstripes :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Hurrul and Fiddleback like this.
  4. Toppcats

Toppcats Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Feeding frenzy for the FF sharks tonight. All those knives with the beautiful Bocote scales (as well as the Masur birch Solo and Curly Ash Woodpecker) were gone within 2 -3 minutes ! Based on Andys' comment that he has more of that gorgeous dark Bocote wood in stock, I went after the GPK with the 'light' Bocote wood.

Fiddleback and Rufus Magnus like this.
  5. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    I told Andy when i pulled the pattern out..it would sell for sure...i was thinking about your knife when i started it

Edit....
    Pattern is still on my desk

Choppaman likes this.
  6. Rufus Magnus

Rufus Magnus Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Smart move @Toppcats that GPK is very solid knife [ scored one few month ago ] beautiful light bocote ,likes the brass pin holes and the pattern on the blade .

Fiddleback likes this.
  7. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    I think it's still larger than my beloved Karda. I'll have to bring it to Trackrock.

Fiddleback and VANCE like this.
  8. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Refresh button broke, response practice put me surely in first for the WP. Had it in my cart, all the way to PP and my one touch wasn't on. GRRRRRR!!! Why does that do that to me!!!

And i had to pick the longest password. :(

Fiddleback likes this.
  9. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Well, I havent gotten any of the knives I've tried for in the last three months. But its because I'm slow and all I have is a phone to work with. It has saved me hundreds of dollars. Probably thousands! I still miss the old Fiddleback Fridays. I used to buy a lot more knives!

Fiddleback and Choppaman like this.
  10. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    I was just thinking the same. I had better luck!! I have missed at least a dozen this spring/summer that i wanted. I'll keep trying. :)

Fiddleback and NoRest like this.
  11. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Long passwords are a killer. Long e-mail addresses also. Re-logging in to things on my TV aggravates the hell out of me for this reason...

Going to miss you this weekend my friend. Won't be the same.

Choppaman likes this.
  12. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    I'm really disappointed I cant make it down this fall. Im already planning for spring. Just waiting for dates so I can make reservations. Have fun everybody!

Fiddleback likes this.
  13. geowolves

geowolves

May 15, 2020
    https://imgur.com/a/9FUb6tJ

It was hard to pick one from this batch, but the Bocote handles were calling and Robert and the in hand preview of the Snowbill just made me do it!

Outpost Allison and mfa81 like this.