Field Boot Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by KP513, Apr 18, 2020.

1. hstdist

hstdist Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 24, 2001
    KP513 likes this.
  2. Sidehill Gouger

Sidehill Gouger

Dec 29, 2007
    My Whites I made the tracing for never fit right. The boots I had them take measurements for at the factory are perfect! Hard to pick between my Nicks and the Whites but sometimes around here I need to let one pair or the other dry out before I wear them again.

KP513 likes this.
  3. HopalongCassidy

HopalongCassidy

Sep 22, 2019
    You must live near Spokane

4. Sidehill Gouger

Sidehill Gouger

Dec 29, 2007
    Nope but I made a little special effort to stop there a while back. That was after I bought Whites I had sent my measurements in with an order. I'm at least 200 miles from Spokane.

5. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    I work on nature preserves around the US. For fires I have a pair of Redwing Loggers, they're pretty nice for what they cost and very little breaking in. They aren't technically good for wildfires but I only do prescribed burns and they're okay for that. For my everyday boots I have Ariat groundbreakers. I'm super lazy first thing in the morning and I hate lacing up boots. Plus, if I'm switching between regular boots and rubbers/waders it's easy to slide them on and off.

6. KP513

KP513

Nov 25, 2012
    Thanks for the tip!

7. Sidehill Gouger

Sidehill Gouger

Dec 29, 2007
    For what its worth, my White Smokejumpers and Nicks are FS legal on wild fires. Not that I ever worried about that sort of thing during my own smoke eater days. I wore West Coasts from the company store then. 12 seasons.

KP513 likes this.