1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

First Day of Christmas Deals

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Dec 1, 2016.

1. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    Upload to Photobucket, click "share," then copy the "IMG" url and paste it here

2. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
  3. stwm

stwm

May 6, 2016
    Very nice steel! I love all the pictures of the deep-belly knives.
    Nice cat too!

4. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    lol yeah Isis my kitty (no relation to the JV team) could not help but get in on the pic. I love the deep bellied style and am a sucker for some of these "low end" other countries utility knives.

Plus how could I not put the Gopte through the extreme cut test of bacon.

5. stwm

stwm

May 6, 2016
    The 'rough' knives are fantastic. Also, I couldn't help but notice a fantastic album of "Russian Pb Dispenser" pics.

You have furs and stuff too?

6. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    Yup on russian unfortunately that is on there as I moved to Communist Ny so I posted pics to sell it unfortunately that was a few years ago, I do commercial trapping as well as recreational and I put up all my own fur and tan as well. right now I am getting ready to pickle a buck (5 pt) I just took this sun last day of the season, I skinned him out head to toe and will have him finished in a few weeks. I have beavers coon pheasants geese etc just another hobby with lots of toys.

7. Ballistol

Ballistol

Oct 7, 2015
    My 20" Chainpure arrived today. It feels light and fast in the hand. And the wooden scabbard is beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  8. stwm

stwm

May 6, 2016
    Wow that Chainpuri is outstanding! Gorgeous and I love those carved wooden sheaths.

Red Eagle: That is awesome! Especially tanning your own stuff, furs and whatnot. I am very interested in the process. I always wanted a nice pelt for the wall, maybe you are the guy for the job?

I'm 'behind enemy lines' too, maybe we are neighbors? :D

9. Bigbore577

Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    She's a beauty!

10. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Hold me mommy, I'm skeered of the slide racker myself.

He looks plumb angry. Where's my typewriter from Chicago.

11. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016

Im in Syracuse, and have 62 acres near boonville, my little paradise in the middle of the woods. I started tanning my own stuff 5 years ago and anything I kill I eat and tan just my way of honoring their life, makes life more enjoyable knowing I can do this. tanning is not hard just a bit of a learning curve and tons of hard work.

12. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    awesome knife that sheath is great

13. Prairie Wolf

Prairie Wolf

Dec 24, 2016
    Hey, new guy here. Long time lurker, first time buyer. I spent the last week reading through all the safety & maintenance information, as well as the history and philosophy of HI and I finally pulled the trigger. I loved everything I heard and the rhododendron was just calling to me (my state flower as well as Nepals national flower). It arrived today and I couldn't be happier. Great knife and great service.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Sure pretty wood. A little fine sanding and some linseed rubbed in and now and then and it will get better and better if that's possible.

Congratulations on your first, probably of many.

15. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Dude! That is some pretty wood! and an awesome al around blade! Like Mr. B said! Little fine sandpaper and oiling up and that baby will show you some colors you never thought youd see! Grats Sir! Makes me want to dip into the Rhododendron honey:D

16. joeraz

joeraz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome, congrats! Beautiful khukuri.