first impressions on the zt 0560- am I crazy or does this emperor have no clothes

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Pawliukas, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Presumed_Lost

Presumed_Lost

Oct 27, 2003
    Me three, zero play, never has... I've even dis-assembled it and re-assembled it, and it didn't seem at all sensitive to the parts alignment, just worked, lockup just a hair shy of 50% before and after.

2. squam1

squam1

Jul 30, 2011
    i have a 560 blackwash and the detent was too strong when I first got it to be able to open via thumbstud. However, after a ton of flipping and carrying, things have settled in nicely.
    I have a 566 which has the perfect detent I think, but I've also deassisted the knife, so the action is certainly different than stock.
    I have 2 550's, both gen 2s, and the one with the black blade has a far stronger detent, but not to the point of being uncomfortable after breaking in.

I have to say that all these knives, with the 566 being the exception, took some time to break in and have the action settle down to make things comfortable. The 560BW is easily the smoothest, best opening flipper I have ever owned...

3. squam1

squam1

Jul 30, 2011
    I should also mention that I had significant lock stick on the first 550 I bought (never had an issue with the 560) and all I did was take a #2 pencil and rubbed a bit on the blade face that mates up with the lock bar. problem solved... even after lightly cleaning that same surface with some tissue, the lock stick is not present. perhaps that too is a break in issue...

4. Pawliukas

Pawliukas

Jan 3, 2014
    I dunno. it doesn't seem reasonable that a 200+ dollar knife shouldn't be so uneven/temperamental...

5. Scott Dog

Scott Dog

Mar 15, 2000
    Yeah baby get a large plain Sebenza 21!

6. Pawliukas

Pawliukas

Jan 3, 2014

that's what I keep hearing....lionsteel sr1 arrived today. green handle black blade. nice weight looks cool...green darker than it looked in pics/videos...handle is slick...doesnt deploy that fast. blade not centered

7. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    This thread is getting ugly.
    Ive handled about 8 or 9 of these in the past month+ for folks including the one I sold. 0560/1/110v. Not a single one with anything but perfection in the lock. Not a sebbie. Some were stickier than others but rock solid.

8. Pawliukas

Pawliukas

Jan 3, 2014
    Hey man just wanted to thank you for the tip. this made me laugh out loud and motivated me to order an adamas. already ordered a second one as first kid gift for a friend in the millitary. the only thing about it that im not crazy about is the clip. but there are custom clips, so I understand...feels great in the hand, centered, smooth open.

thanks!