Folder for formal wear! Please advise. Thank you.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by crisancosmin19, Sep 25, 2011.

1. BBW

BBW Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I don't have a knife for those occasions BUT if I would need one; it would be hands down a small sebenza... nothing is classier than that!!!

2. Suzie_Q

Suzie_Q

Aug 30, 2011
    Well, suit pants for girls are usually even less helpful when actually carrying something in there than guy's dress pants :rolleyes: I'd probably choose either a Spyderco Grasshopper, Kiwi or a classic Victorinox Pioneer Alox. All three very classy looking and yet small/slim enough and practical. The Spyderco Squeak would work nicely too since it's very compact and light-weight.

3. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    SAK. Either my Super Tinker or Pioneer Alox. Generally prefer the Tinker, as the need for scissors seems to come up more often in those settings. For example, trimming loose threads, cutting small string/ribbon, etc., and especially if those things are attached to a person. The classic red plastic handles may not be "classy", but they are familiar to everyone and don't make most observers uncomfortable.

4. dan oliver

dan oliver

Jul 8, 2006
    A Case single blade knife....... like the Sway Back Jack Gent; small, elegant, good looking, inexpensive and sharp out of the box.

5. Groove

Groove

May 3, 2011
    [​IMG]

6. Tyronethepro

Tyronethepro

Oct 25, 2010
    Events like that I carry something that fits in my pocket like my Kershaw Wade Officer, or I carried my Old cheap S&W folder that is completely blacked out, so it blended with my pants.

7. retired city cop

retired city cop

Oct 26, 2010
    say brother, as others have pointed out here, suit pants pockets are pretty poor for carrying things. you may want to look at a sak secretary-- a very nice functional pen knife that should work great with formal clothing.
    my best of wishes to you for whatever you may finally decide on!

brian

8. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    That's nice.:thumbup:

9. The Gator

The Gator

Nov 27, 2011
    How bout a Gerber Evo JR? Very small, can get it in all balck and pretty cheap. under $30 i think.

10. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    I asked something similar here, and one of the answers was so good, I have to repeat it.

Carry a Cold Steel XL Espada. Nobody will say a word.

A little further on was an observation that people are very polite to somebody with a katana.

Gerber makes the Ridge, a nice little framelock that can double as a money clip. Likewise, the similar size K.I.S.S., P.E.C.K., and H.U.G. by Columbia River. I picked up a Kershaw Crown II to add to my "polite knife" choices, because I like one-handers and black micarta. This is in addition to the thirty or so suggestions that have already been made, of course. My suggestion would be to get one of each of everything, but I like little knives.

11. mantzao

mantzao

Jun 16, 2011
  12. Boozoo Chavis

Boozoo Chavis

Oct 18, 2003
    The Spyderco Valloton is a great knife but at 6.2 ounces and an overall length 8 1/2" it seems a bit heavy/large for suitwear. Just my 2 cents.

13. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    If we're talking gents folders for formal wear, I usually choose from this bunch:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    William Henry P-10 Pearl Lancet, that's usually the one I carry.