1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Folder handle material.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bill Martino, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    The handle material used on the folders Bura made is the elk horn Rusty sent up to Pala a couple of years ago. Pala just mentioned this today.

2. Rusty

Rusty Moderator Moderator

Mar 8, 1999
    Well I'll be dipped.

3. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    The handles had me buffaloed. I generally can tell whether its bone or local (subcontinent) deer horn but I couldn't figure out what they were using on the folders. Good old elk horn from the US!!! It wouldn't work for khukuris but they stashed it and used it on the folders and will probably use it all before it's said and done. As I've mentioned, nothing is ever wasted.