Forged In Fire

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by KHall, Jun 23, 2015.

1. AVigil

AVigil Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    While they do get a check for $10,000 they give up blades worth several thousands.:eek:

2. gga357

gga357 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2007
    The marketing value should surpass the prize if used correctly.

3. lazlo

lazlo

Nov 23, 2006
    The problem is that Leftfield Entertainment goes out of their way to hide the last names of the competitors. I have no idea why...

4. dr_fosg8

dr_fosg8

Mar 17, 2013
    I am drawing a blank at the moment. But I believe they introduce themselves at the beginning of the show with their full names.

5. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    Good episode. I had the exact same thoughts as Jason about the winner's blade. When they revealed it, my first thought was 'wtf is that monstrosity.' When he showed up with the final piece, that quickly changed to 'damn, that's nice and pretty badass.'

6. camoninja

camoninja

Feb 11, 2007
    I like Jason as a judge, great episode tonight.

7. camoninja

camoninja

Feb 11, 2007
    Congrats and good luck.

8. lazlo

lazlo

Nov 23, 2006
    As they're walking on the set they say their last name, but only their first name is shown on screen. Their last name is never mentioned again.

9. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    It can be hard to catch the names. But, Wikipedia lists all the names and websites of the contestants a while after they air. So, if you are watching a rerun you can check it out here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forged_in_Fire_(TV_series)
    By the way, did you see that scruffy looking guy in the commercial for next weeks episode?

10. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    I wonder if J will be replaced? ;)

11. Wormil

Wormil

Sep 11, 2007
    They have another thing going on, Forged in Fire Cutting Deeper.
    -- Rick M

12. lazlo

lazlo

Nov 23, 2006
  13. coldsteelburns

coldsteelburns

Aug 2, 2010
    Ahh crap, why is it not on demand yet, it usually always is the next morning. Was just bout to watch it. :thumbdn:

ETA: Nevermind I just found it. FWIW, If you have comcast OD you need to do a title search in order for the newest episode to show up, in case you are looking for it as well.

-----------------

I've also been saying the same thing about their last names ever since the very first episode of the first season. It's very hard to hear their last names and even if heard correctly, last names tend to be spelled oddly. Good to know at leasy they can be looked up on wiki, but even still, they should show them written on screen along with their first names when they are introduced.

~Paul
    [HR][/HR]My YT Channel Lsubslimed
    ... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

14. secretsquirrel

secretsquirrel

Dec 24, 2007
    another good episode, never seen a hunga munga before, judges got it right again, winners weapon was awesome.

15. Murray White

Murray White

Feb 17, 1999
    Just got this in today in my inbox from Burt Foster -- folks here will want to have a looksee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzrXE8ATngA&feature=youtu.be

Just have to find out if the same link will have the stream or a different link.

Should be fun to watch a Champion and a Judge do this. Too bad History channel could not run it live but this will be good to watch in any event.

16. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    [video=youtube;KzrXE8ATngA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzrXE8ATngA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

embedded, for your convenience!

17. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    The Hunga Munga that won was awesome. :thumbup:

When they showed the one used as an example, my wife said "What the hell is that thing?" :confused:
    When the one that won was presented, she said "I want that." :)

18. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thank you, Burt and Lorien.
    rolf

19. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    FARK!!!! This is not far from me but I can't pay $250 just to watch. That's a little steep.

20. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    That looks like it should be fun :)