1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Forum Knife Updates and comments

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by eisman, Jul 15, 2018.

1. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Is anyone planning on doing any modifications, like dropping the sheepfoot blade or adding a swedge to the sheepsfoot or flat side of the clip?

flatblackcapo and Ramrodmb like this.
  2. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    It matters if you're comparing it to a knife that sells for $100.

afishhunter likes this.
  3. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    If I am judging whether this knife a good value to me the only thing that matters is what I paid. When I want to compare it with other knives I would look at what price point I believe it would have come in at. I might also consider the price point it would normally come in at to judge the quality of the end product.

4. Shurke

Shurke Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2018
    I can't remember where he posted it, but I believe Skblades said at one point that a standard retail price on this knife would be somewhere in the $150 range.

cigarrodog and jc57 like this.
  5. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Is the price high for you compared to your usual expenditure on knives?

Are the materials decent quality?

Is the F&F acceptable?

Do you like looking at it and carrying it?

These are my questions and I think they're useful:D

Mine's still at a facility in the US so it looks like @Jolipapa will be the 1st to get a 'European' one:thumbsup: Those damned 'westerners' ;):D:D

t.willy, btb01, Vaporstang and 4 others like this.
  6. jc57

jc57

Nov 28, 2012
    Mine is great. Met or exceeded my expectations. I don't carry a pocket knife during the week (workplace rules) but I am looking forward to the coming weekend to give it some more pocket time.

cigarrodog, Vaporstang and mitch4ging like this.
  7. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Nice shot group!
    You need to post the forum knife on the Winchester!
    I have a pre '64 as well, great old rifles!:thumbsup: a real nice match with the elk 301!

8. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Already did.:) Put a swedge on the Sheepsfoot. I'll try for a better pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  9. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Nice! I'm thinking of doing that and maybe lowering the kick (though the spring is already a little sunk, so that may not be a good idea).

Ramrodmb likes this.
  10. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    That swedge is too nice!

TFBraden and Ramrodmb like this.
  11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Maybe smoothing out the sharp edges on the bolsters.

Laurelbb, JTB_5 and dc50 like this.
  12. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Time for my 4 cents. Two cents for each knife. I'm 72 years old and with a few replacement parts. I only wish I was in as good as shape as these knives. Thank you to BladeForums and all those involved here. Thank you to Buck and Stephen @skblades and a Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone. IMG_6930-1024x867.JPG IMG_6926-1024x769.JPG IMG_6928-1024x852.JPG IMG_6923-1024x768.JPG IMG_6924-1024x816.JPG

MolokaiRider, TPVT, Tecate and 53 others like this.
  13. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Scheduled for delivery today!! I will drive down to my USA post box, tomorrow!!

OLd_gUY, t.willy, cigarrodog and 7 others like this.
  14. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks, Joshua. The sheepsfoot rides pretty low anyway, but I thought the same thing, I didn't want to sink the spring anymore.

Thank you! I am happy with it, too.:thumbsup:

Pomsbz and JTB_5 like this.
  15. Jim (OHIO)

Jim (OHIO)

Feb 1, 2018
    My knife arrived today, and it is absolutely stunning! It is perfect. Congratulations on a job well done to all involved!

Jim

cigarrodog, marcus52AR, jmh33 and 2 others like this.
  16. Bladester

Bladester

Dec 26, 2002
    Received my shipping notice, estimated to arrive on Saturday. Good things come to those who wait (I keep telling myself!)

--Larry

17. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    My two arrived today and one is absolutely perfect, nice scales good fit and finish decent 5 for the pulls and good snap on both blades, no play on either blade. The othern is close, decent scales good pull and snap, but the clip has some play side to side.
    Over all very pleased with these knives! @skblades and Buck knocked it out of the park! No pics of them today as I’m in the middle of a move and they got packed with all the rest of my collection.

18. UnderDawgAl

UnderDawgAl

Feb 18, 2018
    I am planning to do a couple mods. First, I'm going to replace the elk antler handles with some nice aged, stabilized Delrin. Then I'm going to replace the blades with three spey blades of 440A, krinking them to get 'em to fit such that the blades rub when opening and closing. :D

dc50, gotgoat, Cutfinger and 10 others like this.
  19. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    This made me laugh! :D

jmh33 and UnderDawgAl like this.
  20. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    I go to mine on Saturday but didn’t much time to play with until yesterday. The scales look great nice and knobby they are thick which is good for me. The clip blade is a little weak on the snap opening. The sheepfoot is great both ways no gaps in the springs. The only problem is the blades touch and rub so it will most likely get sent in but it’s a great knife it’s my first low cost knife in years many thanks to SK and Buck.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    cigarrodog and marcus52AR like this.