1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Foxy's Folly -- pix and sign up time.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bill Martino, May 31, 2003.

1. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    This one is just too dayumed pretty to let slide down the spiral's of time!!!!:rolleyes:
    It's the last khuk I've put an order on and will probably be the last one for some time to come, that is unless Foxy designs another one I can't live without.:D ;)

[​IMG]

2. donutsrule

donutsrule

Feb 14, 2003
    Any word on what was decided (by the kamis?) on handle/bolster materials on this one?

3. foxjaw

foxjaw

Nov 19, 2001
    I keep thinking this one would look great in a Newari carved presentation box as well as having its own sheath. Or even an engraved blade ! Well, I have to get to work on an HI Hanshee as soon as I can get some wood planed down to 3/8 inch. I'm going to do a sculpted handle on the next one as well

4. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    I agree that all the suggestions would look Fine, but let's keep the expenses down on this one as I won't be able to afford a fancy version:(
    The Ghorkas didn't usually decorate the knives as much as they did the scabbards as the khuk has to be able to perform its form and function.

5. foxjaw

foxjaw

Nov 19, 2001
    Yvsa

MAybe we could get em to carve the Cherokee 7 sided star on the scabard !

6. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    :D Well maybe.;) But that depends on whether the sarkis are as lazy as the dayumed kamis.:rolleyes: ;)
    But that would probably add cost as much as anything other than plain.:(
    Personally AFAIC I believe in this case the khukuri itself is pretty enough to forego any decoration whether on khukuri or scabbard!!!!:D
    You did an Outstanding Job on this one Foxy!!!!:cool: :D

And the Berk Special ain't no slouch either!!!!:D

7. The Big Kahuna

The Big Kahuna

Sep 15, 2002
    Yvsa, you've got email.

Wayne

8. foxjaw

foxjaw

Nov 19, 2001
    Thanks Yvsa for the encouragement. We have to get you going on some new designs as well. Cant be resting on your khuk designing laurels ;)

9. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 13, 2000
    I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of these puppies. This should be a fast Khuk for it's size!:eek: After I get mine, the next on my need list is a Berk Special. One of these days I will have one. I have had to slow down the knife purchases, as I just got myself a 2003 Dodge Dakota SLT Plus. The excise tax and regestration is due this coming week!:eek: :eek: I needed a new truck more than most things lately and this baby is decked out. It even has a little 287 V-8 in it. I have always loved small block V-8's. More khuks will follow, to be sure!

10. foxjaw

foxjaw

Nov 19, 2001
    Uncle should have his hand on the pulse of the Kamis on when the Foxjaw Fighter should roll in. ( Hopefully the Kamis still have a pulse) ;) )

11. foxjaw

foxjaw

Nov 19, 2001
    BTTT

12. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    They are running slow on the special orders.

13. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    That's OK. Gives my bank account a chance to recover. A little.

14. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm just glad Foxjaw finally changed his avatar...sheesh! :eek:

:p

15. foxjaw

foxjaw

Nov 19, 2001
    Some dude threatened me with a law suit :grumpy:

16. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    You're serious??

17. foxjaw

foxjaw

Nov 19, 2001
    YEP ! :(

18. foxjaw

foxjaw

Nov 19, 2001
    BTTT

19. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson

Feb 21, 2003
    O.K. I have to put my request in for one also. That looks like it could be something special.

20. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson

Feb 21, 2003
    Or I could pay attention to this being a post from earlier in the year:) as far as taking orders goes. Boy I tell you. This whole HIKV thing is tough. Ebola could take a few lessons I think. Still like the desighn alot. It was the double fullers that made does it for me. Perhaps there will be another run.