1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Full tang integral santoko feather Chef knife

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by D lisch, Mar 11, 2015.

1. D lisch

D lisch

Aug 27, 2007
    Hi Folks I just wanted to show this chef knife I am sending out this morning its a little different then some I have done before as I cut the shoulders in square and rolled the bolsters in round I really like the way It fells in the hand it has a tapered tang and Koa. blade is 7-5/8 OAL is 12-3/4 it has 8 small bronze pins in the handle.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    Gorgeous!

3. gga357

gga357 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2007
    That makes me want to cook. Very nice!

4. Cikal

Cikal

Feb 6, 2010
    wonderful
    I am wondering, how thick at the bolsters and spine ?

5. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    Wow ...pattern flows into the bolster , wish i could see that in person. Awesomeness

6. D lisch

D lisch

Aug 27, 2007
    Thanks folks the spin tapers and the blade is a double bevel I can not say what the thickness was at the right where it met the bolster. the knife is very light for a full tang i riddled the tang with 1/4" holes to lighten it as well as tapering it.

7. Bob Leedy

Bob Leedy

Oct 12, 2008
    A gorgeous knife that just begs to be used. I really like the rounded integral bolsters and curve leading into them. Great handle shape, too.

8. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    You're really gettin' into the kitchen knives, Dave, looks terrific!

9. Redsnake1997

Redsnake1997

May 26, 2005
    Yeah, that'll work Dave! Very nice.

10. canineforge

canineforge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Love the pattern, love the knife. Would enjoy cutting up some cabbage with that beauty. :thumbup:

- Joe

11. Burton Harruff

Burton Harruff

Oct 1, 2007
    Very nice work! Awesome Damascus and I like the smooth transition between the bolster and blade.

12. bbingenheimer

bbingenheimer

Mar 4, 2010
    Dave, Another winner. I find your chef knives to be beautiful yet very functional at the same time. Looks to be comfortable in the hand.

Thanks for sharing

See you in Seattle pal

Bing

13. D lisch

D lisch

Aug 27, 2007
    Thanks folks Jeff I like making them and I am finely getting good at sharping them using water stones it takes practice but my true love is the bowie knife and still where most of my knife time goes. Bing thank you and it does feel good in the hand

14. I'll second that! The transition really caught my eye. Great work!

15. HSC ///

HSC ///

Nov 7, 2012
    very nice

16. Erik Fritz

Erik Fritz

Aug 6, 2002
    Very Nice.