Ganga Ram Special

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Jul 30, 2020.

1. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Ditto on the guns and probably not good broadcasting. Go on Gunbroker, and when I searched MAK90, in the listing there were the complete front sight assembly that had the underfolder spike bayonet for roughly $250. I’ll have to research the type 56 stock. But probably type that in on Gunbroker as well and maybe you will locate the stock too!

2. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Well once I get a few things taken care of, I may have to contact Yangdu about having a big ol AK made.
    I have no real need for it, but I figure I should get one while I still have the arm to swing it:D

3. arbiter

arbiter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2011
    That is fantastic! I'm a fan of soviet bloc small arms-they are very well made. Top notch!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    George Azar likes this.
  4. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Jim Fuller says the MAK90 is a true mil spec gun. I totally agree owning them for approximately 20 years. You did good with that purchase. Mine cost me in the early 90’s $175-225.

5. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Me too! The most reliable for sure!

6. Forsaken82

Forsaken82

May 17, 2018
  7. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Classic Firearms has been getting in some lately. It still costs around $300 a case. I use to buy it for $75! That’s hard to swallow

8. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
  9. Forsaken82

Forsaken82

May 17, 2018
    I normally use ammoseek. It always seems like when ive got spare cash everywhere is sold out. I can get wolf for $300 a case locally. I looked at the ironwood stocks, they are super nice. I found a spiker front sight post last night with a surplus bayonet for $300 too!

George Azar likes this.
  10. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Just trying to help, I’ve been doing this for years but it looks like you’re already on top of things.
    Post a photo if you get the spiker! I’ve seen a few really nice conversations!

11. Forsaken82

Forsaken82

May 17, 2018
    Hey, i appreciate it! I will for sure. I just have to justify it to myself right now. Converting it would be the same as about 2k rounds. It is a election year, who knows whats coming up in new laws.

12. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Exactly! Buying more myself!
    God Bless America!!

13. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Dayum Forsaken! Thats an awesome piece! Lets go squirrel hunting! We wont even have to clean them! They will be field dressed already!

George Azar likes this.
  14. Forsaken82

Forsaken82

May 17, 2018
    Got my grey furniture in. Its ok. It will get me by till i i find sone preban stuff!

15. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    For which gun? The milled MAK?
    Edit: I went back and found it. For the Wasr. Should look pretty cool.
    I gave my son a stamped MAK90 and put some Kvar Bulgaria black furniture on it. Also threaded the barrel and put a AK74 muzzle brake on it. Looks nice from a thumbhole stock that was on it!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  16. Forsaken82

Forsaken82

May 17, 2018
    The gray is on the mak90 for now. Waiting for a preban set then ill switch it to the wasr. Mak90 feels much better without the thumbhole stock. I missed out on a preban spiker fsp and bayonet for $200 the other night, bummed about that. Ill get some pics up in a bit

George Azar likes this.
  17. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Jim Fuller with Rifle Dynamics said buy a Chinese MAK90 because they are a true mil spec gun!
    Great grab Forsaken